Färnebofjärden National Park

010-225 15 16

Färnebofjärden National Park Reviews

sim1 sim1
Färnebofjärden National Park Feb 05, 2017
Färnebofjärden is a National Park that protects a stretch of the Lower Dalälven River running from the city of Avesta to the Bothnian Sea. Water is the main feature of this park and water is what you will see here. Flooded areas, wetlands, streams and lakes, and of course wildlife, birds, forests and flowers. But mainly water.......... a beautiful sight to see, but it makes the area rather hard to access. The best way to enjoy Färnebofjärden would probably be by boat (which you can rent in the area), or by hiking on the edges of the park.

I arrived late afternoon at the park, very early in the season, with no people around yet. We were allowed to put up our little tent on the beach (an advantage of travelling off season), from where we had the most beautiful views over the waters of the Dalälven and Färnebofjärden National Park. The sun was going down, turning the sky into a work of art, but there was still enough light and time for a short walk along the shores. While walking on the beach we could see a deer quickly making its way over one of the wetlands, we heard the cry of a bird in the distance and the sound of a woodpecker in the tree above. The water was washing gently up the shore, the glittering of the sun in the water, a soft breeze, and the wonderful sound of 'silence'. This is how I remember Färnebofjärden, and how I liked it at its best.

Färnebofjärden is another of Swedens wonderful National Parks. I think I love all the National Parks, some just a bit more then others. Färnebofjärden is certainly not on the top of my list, as the access to the park isn’t so easy, making it a bit harder to enjoy. But the memories of this wonderful evening will always stay, so I guess the park did manage to capture a place in my heart.
starship1 says:
Beautiful place to visit!
Posted on: Mar 04, 2017
sim1 says:
Thanks Victor! :-)
Posted on: Feb 23, 2017
vicIII says:
Simone, you share excellent stories and pictures, thanx!...
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017

Compare Gysinge Hotel Rates (11km away)

Färnebofjärden National Park Map