Friend's Hostel Paris

Friend's Hostel Paris Rates and Deals

Friend's Hostel Paris Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
cheap, but area's a bit dodgy and room not that great May 26, 2015
My room in this hostel was not in the greatest conditions; however, I have stayed in worse.

The pros: it's cheap, it's right across the Barbes- Rochechouart metro stop, free wifi between the hours of 9am-10pm, a kitchen, funky outdoor common area, locker available through the day for free (at the front desk), 24hr front desk, secure entry, friendly staff, free apple and/or pain au chocolate in the morning (first come first serve basis), and the murals on the walls.

The cons: the area is a bit dodgy (specially for a single female traveller - just have your wits about you), 9am check out time, the 4 dorm room with en suite shower that I stayed in (number 15) was not the cleanest, the beds were very squeaky, comforter was ripped/warn and the shower leaked into the room where the beds were (so don't keep your backpack on the floor like I did the first night).

Oh and they didn't wash the comforter between stays, which wouldn't be a problem if you had a sheet to sleep under, but my bed didn't. There was only the sheet covering the mattress to sleep on and the comforter on my bed. I know they don't wash the comforters because I was waiting for my camera battery to charge one morning when the guy came to change the sheets. He changed the sheet on the one bed above me but just folded up the comforter and put it back on the bed without washing it. May not be a big deal for some, but maybe for others. The guy after had his own sleeping bag.

I would only recommend this place if you were really looking for somewhere super cheap to stay and were not bothered about the area or cleanliness of the bed.
4 bed dorm (my bed was the bottom …
en suite shower and sink, no toilet
my room #15
stairwell going down from the firs…
silirat silirat
Unpleasent area, unpleaseant staff, unpleasent room. May 20, 2004
My trepidation began when I got off the subway in front of the hostel and the first thing I saw was two heavily armed police officers roughly searching a middle eastern man. The glint of neon on the near distance to my left told tales of topless bars and late night noisiness.

When I got to the hostel, the woman at the counter was nice enough. That's where the good times ended. The room was large for a double, with one bed located under a rickety window and the other against a wall lined with a large solid plastic sheet. The wall that the plastic sheet was lining backed the shower and there was a distinct odor of mold coming for behind the plastic sheet. The adjoining washroom contained a sink and the shower. There was one toilet on the floor where 30 people were staying, in a room roughly the size of a closet.

Friend's Hostel Paris Overview

The Friend's Hostel Paris offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as luggage storage for the guests. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be happy to hear the hostel provides mobility and wheelchair access.

Friend's Hostel Amenities