Freys Hotel

Freys Hotel Rates and Deals

Freys Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Surprisingly pleasant Jul 05, 2010
I guess that this was the best and most surprising arrivals at a hotel that I had experienced in long time. I must say that I was taken by the start of this stay; when I arrived at the reception I was greeted by a sweet, smiling and beautiful woman offering me a glass of sparkling wine before and while I checked in. I asked her what the occasion was and she you said that they wanted their guests to be happy and talk to each other. I found that very sympatric and took a glass more while the other girl standing behind the counter in the reception made my papers ready.

I could see that I was not the only one being surprised at the entrance and all of us thought that it was a great idea. I guess also that a gimmick like this would work better at this hotel than many others because it was a cosy and small entrance kept in nice dark colours and many small items on display everywhere. Next to where they served wine there was a small vegetable buffet where you could eat slices of different things with different drippings as well.

The hotel is situated very close to the central station, you have only a walk of 100 metre cross the street and you are therefore in the middle of the city. It is a hotel that is perfect if you travel to Stockholm by plane because the fast train from Arlanda airport would bring you there in 20-25 minutes. I arrived from work in a taxi and it turned out that the hotel was situated on a street that was blocked so there was no traffic passing by.

The room they gave me was on the first floor almost just above the main entrance; I had feared that it would become a bit noisy due to all the bars and the restaurants, but I didn’t hear anything all night. The room was not small; it was just a bit larger than that and enough so I felt good with it. They had arranged the room nicely with lamps and small decoration features so that it felt comfortable to enter. I had two single beds in the room, they were both hard and firm and I had no problem later to fall asleep in it. There was a small desk, iron board, mini bar and quite a number of electric plugs which I also appreciate.

The hotel also hosts a nice restaurant which I also visited; The Belgobaren, which had a large collection of Belgian beers and they also made a great Les Moules-Frites. It was the same place where they served breakfast the following morning with a really large buffet which also turned out to be good.

On the room you have free Wi-Fi access; it was built up like they charge you on the room but it was actually free and very easy to establish the connection.

I have definitely put this hotel on my list for future stays in Stockholm
The window in the room
The room
The bathroom
The bathroom
Glynnes says:
Looks like a lovely hotel from the review and photos. Thanks!
Chokk says:
Seems like they keep a good standard:)
yorktrotter says:
Stayed there too many years ago and liked it very much

Freys Hotel Overview

The Freys Hotel is located in the middle of the main shopping area, near the Old Town District. Stockholm’s main shopping street is a 2 minute stroll, and guest will also enjoy perusing the neighbor streets and their boutiques. The Freys Hotel is 100 meters from the train station. The express train for Arlanda Airport stops across the street from the hotel.

There are 124 rooms at the Freys Hotel, designed with earthy colored décor and modern furnishings. Rooms include wireless Internet and private bathrooms.

The Freys Hotel is a four star business and leisure hotel with a brown brick façade and canopies over the windows. There are 8 conference rooms at the hotel, each capable of accommodating up to 50 people. The hotel bar/restaurant, The Belgobaren, serves more than 300 brands of Belgian beers. For additional relaxation, guests can take advantage of the steam room and fitness facilities. Non-smoking areas are designated, and the hotel desk can advise guests on parking options.

Freys Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes