Frenz Hotel

Frenz Hotel Rates and Deals

Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

borneonikieta borneoni…
Just another hotel Jan 01, 2014
I believe in being fair, especially when giving feedback on something or someone. I have taken my time in writing this review as I wanted to make sure that I will be able to give the readers an entertaining review to read and still provide the useful information that they require.

I stayed in Frenz Hotel for three nights with my mum and my uncle's family of seven. We booked three rooms (naturally we needed more space). My mum and I stayed in a room on the fifth floor, probably at one of the corner of the building while my uncle and his family stayed on the sixth floor. My aunt chose to stay in this hotel as it is well frequented by Bruneians (who usually come in big groups) because of its location.

The hotel is located in Kuala Lumpur in an area called Chow Kit, which is a shopping place selling merchandise that are more suited to the local tastes such as Malay clothing and eateries. Smacked right next to the main road called Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, it is not exactly a honeymooners' getaway due to the loud noise coming from the busy traffic passing by. During the day, the road will be full of cars and trucks honking their way up and down the city while at night you'll be able to hear the revving sounds of the Mat Rempit, who are basically motorcyclists who ride at night at top speed just for the fun of it. The sounds of the traffic is so loud, they were audible even at the 6th floor where my uncle and his family stayed.

We arrived at the hotel around 9pm and almost everything was closed except for a few indian restaurants selling briyani and indian roti. Checking in was a breeze, however, when my mum and I got to our room, a room service staff was in the middle of separating the twin beds that were joint together before to make a queen size bed. Apparently, there had been a mixed up in reading the request when my aunt made the reservation. He did that very quickly, and although I insisted, he still wanted to make the beds which he did with his expert hands in about 5 minutes.

The room itself was clean albeit a little bit small for a big family. Luckily, my aunt booked two rooms for her family alone so they were fine. The upholstery was in good condition and new, There is a small wardrobe with a large mirror hanging on the back of its door. The room was equipped with a big flat screen tv, a small fridge which was not working and reeking a foul smell as soon as I opened it. There was also an air conditioner that didn't work properly that we had to sleep in a balmy warm room on our first night there. This was fixed immediately after I notified it to the front desk.

The toilet however was wonderful, but I still don't understand why they decided to use glass doors instead of normal opaque door considering that the hotel is well known for its family-orientedness. Anyhow, the toilet has all the basic necessity that any traveller would need, small bottles of shower and conditioning shampoo, two towels and a small mat and a shower that has three modes: Rain shower, Hand shower and a Tap - All that comes with well functioning water heater.

For the price of around 40 Australian Dollars per night, breakfast was also included which comprised of a mixture of asian and western choices such as Indian Roti, fried noodles, the famous malaysian nasi lemak complete with its hot and spicy sambal, cereals and bread that you can toast yourself. Breakfast at Zam Zam Restaurant was a nice experience as you would be able to see the street turns brighter every minute as the sun rises somewhere in the horizon.

Getting around from this hotel which is located at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman to other touristy place such as Bukit Bintang and the KL Tower is very easy too. There is an LRT station about 10 to 15 minutes walk from the hotel. On this trip I had tried going to the Pavilion Tower which is a famous shopping mall in Raja Chulan road. For those going with family and kids, I don't advise using this mode of transportation as the LRT can get very crowded with commuters who generally do not practice public transportation etiquette.

So overall, Frenz Hotel is an OK hotel and I would definitely stay again there although perhaps next time I would ask for a room a few levels up.
Frenz Hotel
the_bill says:
Nice review!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2014

Frenz Hotel Overview

The hotel has 86 boutique-style designed rooms and suites that harmonises contemporary elegance, modern technology and luxurious touches to ensure superior guest comfort, convenience and connectivity at a real value price. When designing the rooms, the comfort and needs of the business and leisure traveller were carefully considered. We paid special attention into the areas of safety, sleep sets, air-conditioning, television and function of facilities to ensure that you have a great sleep experience. You will be pleasantly surprised to discover that we offer room facilities that even 4 star hotels do not. At Frenz we continuously strive to deliver Malaysia Boleh - a sincere and friendly Can-Do service attitude that by going the extra mile to delight all our valued guests.

Frenz Hotel Amenities

• Computer
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Bidet
  • Cots
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage
  • Smoking Room
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Late check-out (subject to availability)
  • No Parking