Frendz Resort Boracay

Frendz Resort Boracay Rates and Deals

Frendz Resort Boracay Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Best for singles Jan 29, 2014
I had originally booked us in here for a full 5 nights but we ended up getting moved to their sister hotel next door as we were unhappy with our room.

A private room with bathroom at Frendz was 50 AUD per night. The bed was ok, the room had a ceiling fan, no air-conditioning and a very small tv in the corner. We stayed the first night in the room and discovered it was quite noisy, we could hear everything and i mean everything coming from the room next door. The main problem we discovered the next morning was the 'hot' water in the bathroom which was only luke warm at best.

They had someone come to check it out but he couldn't fix it and the best they could say was not to have the water pressure up too high. Even with the water pressure very low the water was cold. I said that paying 50 AUD a night for a hostel with no hot water was just not good enough. So they moved us to a room in their apartments next door which was a better room and we could still use the 'facilities' at Frendz.

The only 'facilities' at Frendz was the bar/restaurant. There was wifi but no computers to use. There was no free breakfast or anything else provided. I think the most we got was one free drink the night we arrived. The restaurant bar was great for singles but the people there had this 'too cool for school' attitude about them and were only interested in chatting to other singles. The area was full all the time and just didn't have enough chairs/tables to go around.

One night was bucketing with rain, we asked for umbrellas but they had none so we had no choice but to try and squeeze into a table somewhere and order their overpriced food there.

In terms of location, it was a very short walk to the beach and there was some beach chairs reserved for Frendz guests which was probably the best thing about staying at Frendz.
neo_dare_devil neo_dare…
A backpacker Haven Nov 11, 2011
Going to Boracay shouldn't really be that expensive. So on the day that I set foot in the Island I had this good vibe of being able to close a good deal for a Hostel accommodation.

Since I wasn't able to book an accommodation ahead of time I gambled and tried my luck to just walk-in and try to get a bed for 1 night .

after few minutes of walking from D'mall going to station 1 , I was able to see the resort and was greeted by the pleasant personnel/front desk guy.

The place itself has a rustic-homelike ambiance and about 2-3 minutes walk from the white sand beach. There's lots of plants and trees near the area and when it comes to recreation they have billiard table , magazines, lonely planet booklet , computer for rent and a wifi connection available only at the small restaurant within the resort.

I choose to be at the loft and just rent a bed for a night and it was really cheap and was able to pay for PHP400 , $8-9 USD accommodation.

Part of it's deal is to share bathroom which is located in the 1st floor of nipa-like building . There's also 1 ceiling and another big fan inside the room .

The Bed was clean at that time ,they changed the linen and it's all white , they also provided one pillow and a towel for each guest at the loft .

The only downside was I had some red rash and small insect bites on my left and some on my lower right leg when I woke up.

the interior basically is made up of wood so if you're going to make movements like walking and closing the door would definitely make a sound .

I never heard of any security problem in the area and stolen belongings from the guest.

they also provide safety boxes for a fee for belongings .

No curfew but they need to close the gate before 11pm and there's a personnel roaming around and one manning the the gate area of the resort.

I think I have listed all the information that i know about Frendz resort in Boracay . I hope This review would help you out if you plan to go and have a vacation someday.

Always Remember that in traveling it is not really necessary to spend much , rather you should always find good deals to stretch your budget to be able to travel more .
canadianbornfilipina canadian…
A Place to Rest My Head May 25, 2011
This place was in station one, it's not right off the beach...about a two minute walk, but I didn't mind it. There's a gate and someone there to ensure no randoms are coming in so you feel safe.

Once you enter, it's like a maze garden. What I liked is that you could just leave the key at the front desk and just pick it up when you go to your room so you don't have to worry about losing it. Also, it works great if you are sharing a room with someone and at times just want to do your own thing.

The room itself is decent and clean. There were bugs though. I didn't get bitten, but I think having the fan blow directly on my body throughout the night helped.

The shower was fine, except for the fact that the water ran out midway. The faucet on the bottom still worked though so I could use a basin to finish rinsing.

Another thing to note, is that there are some roosters by the window so don't be alarmed when you hear them in the morning.

Overall, I had a fine experience. I'm not that high maintenance so this is no fancy hotel. It's definitely more rustic. I wouldn't mind staying there again.
canadianbornfilipina says:
haha, why? have you stayed here?
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011
aaronic says:
am a bit surprised you even gave a three-star for the place.
Posted on: May 25, 2011
bettytio bettytio
Great Staff, Great Services, Great Location and Great Hosteler Aug 07, 2011
I stayed in this resort style hostel for 9 days. All i can say is this hostel is AMAZING! The staff will tidy the room and bed everyday without fail. The bed is comfortable and the towel smells good. Not to mentioned, the manager in-charge, he is wonderful! He let us borrow the kitchen and has the staff to help to do the clean up @ only 100 peso. The location is perfect as only a 2 minutes walk to white beach. The reading area is perfect as most people spend their time there talking, eating and drinking. Most importantly, people that i met during my stay are Awesome. I would definitely come back and stay in this resort again in near future. I LOVE FRENDZ
Feidao Feidao
Backpackers Paradise Jun 07, 2011
Frendz Resort is located around 2 min. walk from the white sands beach of beautiful Boracay. I really enjoyed staying there as I met people, very similar to how I am. Just easy going backpacker who either want a rest from busy sightseing or quite some students or workers in Asia who just need some time to relax on the beach. Many people go there alone but nobody has to stay alone. Its easy to meet new people there and its normal to hang out on the beach together, do different activities during the day or enjoy Boracays nightlife! Of course, the rooms are not as comfortable as in a 5* but backpackers usually dont expect that so this was not a big deal for me.

So all in all, if you seek for an friendly, easy and cheap place to stay then its certainly this one!

Frendz Resort Amenities

• Billiards
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower