Frendz Resort Boracay

Frendz Resort Boracay Rates and Deals

Frendz Resort Boracay Reviews

lakerjames lakerjam…
Loved it! Nov 04, 2010
Myself and my girlfriend stayed at Friends and loved it. Great locations and great atmosphere. You can meet a lot of good people by stayin at this place.
for_better_or_worse for_bett…
Affordable luxury near the beach Jan 17, 2010
We enjoyed every single moment of our time here and met amazing people. When we were there the guy who owned it was selling up but he assured us that nothing would change!

On New Year's most restaurants are so busy that the resort ordered in pizzas before we went out to save on worry!.

What a fabulous place!
mavislau mavislau
Aug 23, 2007
My friend and I were the first time to Boracay, we didn't know too much about the place so before we left, we prepared everything to ensure we have a place to stay. We made reservation for a room of six (private ensuite) for 2 nights. The reviews from the internet seems pretty good and the picture of the place look great. We sent an email to tell the owner about our flight and he confirmed us that free transportation to hotel would be provided from Caticlan airport.

We arrived, waited outside the airport for half an hour, all the travellers were picked up. We called the hotel, the staff said they didn't get any instruction from their master to pick up anyone in the airport but they will come as soon as possible. We waited again for half an hour, no one came and travellers from the next plane were all left. Called again and waited again. Finally, the staff came 1.5 hours after our plane landed.

And you know what is "free transportation" means? A staff bring you to take the local tricycle (which is just 1m besides the airport) and boat to Boracay , with fare paid by yourself. Then why should they asked us to wait for 1.5 hours? Why don't we just take the tricycle right after we got off!

The road to hotel from the main road is a mess! It is an unpaved muddy path at the back of a group of construction sites (you have to know that it almost rains every night in Boracay, imagine what the path like). We didn't see any traveller there in the hotel and it may just becuase August is the low season in Boracay. Our ensuite is a 2 story bungalows, it looked pretty good(from the outside but the linen were full of dust) and we all felt excited even after all the waitings.

It is just 5-10 mins walk from the hotel to the beach but you better bring a flashlight if you decide go out at night becuase the path from the beach to hotel has no lighting at all and is unpaved!

I understand there is no way to ignore lizard and sudden short circuit of electricity in Boracay but please don't come across to me at once. I just hated to stand in the DARK when I am having a shower with hundreds of Lizard (a bit overreacting) on the wall, and it happens on me twice! Their backup electricity was really slow that it took them 10 mins to give us back the light.

Above all are NOT the reasons I don't like this hotel and made us moved to somewhere else even we didn't got refund for the 2nd night.

While we were waiting everybody to shower, we heard some noise. It liked sound from some kind of animal. We didn't pay attention at first but later on the noise keep coming "around". We tried to figure it out and we were sure that it was noise from mouse or more correctly - mice! We can trace how the sound goes but we didn't find any mouse inside the compartment. We guess the mice were "in" the wall (2 layered wall). The noise were there all night. We can't sleep at all.

I have to say that this hotel/hostel is more "natural" compare to most of the hotel in Boracay. I think somebody has good comments about it but my experience was really bad. I don't think I will consider this hotel again. In fact, we only paid a few US more per person for another night to get a hotel with very clean room, TV, private verandahs that able to see the sunset, A/C, free good breakfast, nice staff etc. right off the beach.
We didn't take any picture of the …
dicksmith says:
This backpackers is great! I arrived and they guy in charge was so helpfull. Nothing was a problem for him. He was kind and his staff were great. I was walking along the beach and one of his staff called out my name and said hi. Small stuff like that. The accomadation was great aswell. You got a bed,shower and it was really safe and at 400 php($9 usd) a night you can't go wrong. I had the time of my life there. I suggest you go here,stay here. Remember thought it is a hostel not a 5 star hotel. I give it 10/10 as there were some bonus things that they done for me that I am not allowed to say (all clean). Thanks Frienz. You guys ROCK!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2011
lakerjames says:
Loved it!!!
Posted on: Jun 17, 2011
arleneyancy says:
hello! sorry to hear about what happen, for me Frendz used to be a simple and good resort.. 2 years back from the review, several improvements were done to address the problem. The resort undergone several management and now turned into well managed than before
Posted on: Apr 23, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Frendz Resort Boracay

I am an early bird
I have  been  missing in action   for the past  6 months so without a doubt  every single thing I did was always with  excitement.  I got up 7 in the morning t…boracay. I walked   few minutes and  saw  Frendz Resort  where  I stayed  for  a night…

Check Frendz Resort Rates and Deals