French Quarter

New Orleans, Louisiana

French Quarter New Orleans Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
What makes New Orleans unique Feb 13, 2010
The French Quarter is New Orleans’ most unique and live neighborhood and a must for any visitor to the city. The name “French” may be a little misleading since most of its architecture, including the colorful balconies comes from the Spanish rule period.

There are lots of activities to do in the Quarter. A visit may start in the afternoon at Jackson’s square and St. Louis Cathedral. It’s definitively the most picturesque section of the Quarter and a definitive post-card picture. You can walk around and get a cartoon of yourself or tarot cards read by a fortune teller. There’s also quite a few good restaurants in the area, with everything from carry-out pizza slices, authentic Cajun food and nice elegant restaurants. You can also take a carriage tour by the Quarter, nice if you want to save the walking and get some information about the city from a local guide.

Another must-see spot is the riverwalk. You can take great pictures of the Mississippi and Jackson square from there. There are also boat tours available if you want to tour the Mississippi. From there you must visit Café Dumont, one of New Orleans most famous restaurants, to get some delicious Beignets and Café-Au-Lait. Your walking tour can then proceed to the market to get yourself some souvenirs or any other item you like.

You can then walk around Decatur, Royal and some other streets and admire the balconies and the architecture.

If you are staying near the quarter you can go now drop your bags to the hotel and then visit Bourbon St. for some over the top night life, but I will cover that in another review.

The French Quarter is New Orleans best place to be – you can never get bored of it.
Jackson square with the cathedral
Carriage tour
View from the riverwalk
Cafe Du Monde
montecarlostar says:
Yes, it was quite terrible! I hope they keep their promises this time... I wouldn't like to be fooled again. I don't think I'll use that website again anyway!
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010
aotw says:
:D I belive you, what a hard reality to be in a cold car ;) so not that bad, at least they admitted their mistake...
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Oh hahaha don't worry :D it was a very strange dream... I remember my sister was there talking to me, it was as if I was still a child... it was nice and peaceful, actually I was a bit annoyed to wake up from such a pleasant dream haha :D thanks for reading my blog!

BTW I got a refund from bookit.com and they offered to give me a free night in New Orleans for next time :)
Posted on: Feb 16, 2010
X_Drive X_Drive
New Orleans Party area Apr 23, 2008
The French Quarter area of New Orleans has a dual personality. If you drive or walk through during the day you see the wonderful wrought iron balconies the great brickwork and architecture and narrow streets. But when the sun goes down and lights come on the personality changes. The streets of the French Quarter are blocked from vehicle traffic and the people come out of the woodwork and the party starts. The music begins, the liquor flows, the bead necklaces flash and people get wild. If you are into the party life this is definitely a place to enjoy!
vladbah vladbah
May 12, 2007
The French Quarter is unique in its own way. Bars, jazz music, beads, and some very uninhibited people crowd the streets beyond the dawn hours. Of course Bourbon Street is the epicenter of the whole area, and it reminded me a bit of the 6th street in Austin. It can be a very fun time and quite unforgetable, but make sure you plan your trip like no other. People can be rude at times, somewhat like New York, and don't adventure too much outside the French Quarter; not too safe. Don't forget to check out some other areas devasted by Katrina, but don't get out of the car. Otherwise have fun and don't worry about going wild; nobody cares and nobody knows you.
Bourbon Street

Related Travel Blogs About French Quarter

The French Quarter
The French Quarter in New Orleans   Writing about the French Quarter has turned out to be a difficult and confusing task.  My mind spins and twirls with facts, history, myths, legends, gh…French Quarter in New Orleans   Writing about the French Quarter has turned out to be a difficult and confusing…
French Quarter ~ New Orleans, Louisiana
We had a short day, so we concentrated on one particular area. I have lived in the New Orleans area my whole life, so I thought I would highlight a few things for those who would like to visit our… We had a short day, so we concentrated on one particular area. I have lived in the New Orleans area…
French Quarter
When visiting the French Quarter of New Orleans go to the French market it is great fun they sell everythong from food to masks. It is also covered so you are constantly in the shade which is very go…French Quarter of New Orleans go to the French market it is great fun they sell everythong from food to masks…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals