Freedom of the Seas

Port Canaveral, Miami, FL, USA

Freedom of the Seas Miami Reviews

ChrisMcDevitt ChrisMcD…
A wonderful experience for a first time cruiser Jul 24, 2010
Despite spending the first few days of our vacation complaining about the cost and grousing about not going to Disney World, Royal Caribbean won me over. Thanks in no small part to the wonderful accomodations, activities and food aboard the Freedom of the Seas. A special shout out to the Cruise Director, Allan Brooks, a consummate professional who earned more than a few man-crushes from several of my fellow cruisers, myself included. ("YOU TALKED TO ALAN?!")

We had a balcony oceanview stateroom, and now that we've had one, I don't think I'll ever be able to talk my wife into just having a window again. Personally, I don't spend much 'awake' time in the cabin but she loved it.

The rockwall on board was fun as was the flowrider and several of the tournaments they held on the sports deck. If you've never tried to play volleyball 120 feet in the air on a boat doing twenty two knots into a twenty mile an hour headwind I strongly recommend it.

Our waiter was wonderful and very accomodating I am what's known in most circles as a picky eater. I don't eat fruit, I don't eat vegetables and I want almost everything plain. By the third night of our cruise, the waiter was bringing me two Black Angus Steaks cooked medium and plain with french fries from the children's menu. I didn't even have to ask. I gained 10 lbs on the cruise.

All in all it was just a wonderful, wonderful experience, one I cannot wait to repeat, although I may spring for one of Royal's larger boats in the Oasis class.

The only downside is that they should be giving out Lithium for post cruise depression as you disembark. Once you've sailed on the Freedom of the Seas your everyday life will just seem that much more 'blah' upon your return.

My advice is to learn to make towel animals while onboard and take your robes with you. They'll make you all the more comfortable back in your home-away-from-the-freedom.

Related Travel Blogs About Freedom of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas, currently the world's largest cruise vessel. Freedom, which launched in May 2006, represents a new class of ship for Royal Caribbean.It surpasses Cunard's gargantuan Queen Mary 2… Freedom of the Seas, currently the world's largest cruise vessel. Freedom, which launched in May 2006, represents a new…

Check Miami Hotel Deals