Freedom Monument - Riga

Freedom Monument - Riga - Soldiers and some flowers infront of Freedom Monument

Freedom Monument - Riga Reviews

Marjis Marjis
Freedom Monument Aug 19, 2012
Okay, so it's a monument. I find these things so hard the review, but I'll give it a try.

Freedom monument (I believe in Latvian it is Brivibas Piemineklis) is a very high statue and pretty easy to locate. It's about one kilometre from the central station. There is nothing more than the statue, so is it worth seeing? In my opinion: yes, it is. It's very beautiful and it seems important for Latvian people.

Timing for my visit was very lucky because there was some sort of event going on in the nearby park celebrating Riga's 811th birthday and there was two soldiers standing infront of the monument and people had brought some flowers there. I doubt the soldiers are usually standing there, but I'm not sure. They and the flowers really added special feeling to it and showed the importance of this monument.

I recommend seeing this, and there is also some other interesting places near so you won't have to go all the way there just for this monument.

A tip: There is a small park right next to monument, with colourful flowers and few statues. While you're there, you might want to check it out too.
Details of the monument
Freedom Monument
Freedom Monument
Soldiers and some flowers infront …
Marjis says:
Thanks for letting me know. Quite interesting. I've never come across a statue that's guarded at any time, let alone all year around.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Freedom Monument - Riga

Riga
Arriving to Riga,first stop of my baltic´s adventure i had a flight conection from London stansted,it wasn´t funny,because i had to wait all night into the airport, my checkin was 4 am,because de…Riga´s old town, freedom monument and the park was my first magic Riga´s point,i was eating…

Check Riga Hotel Deals