Free Walking Tour

Plaza de Armas, Santiago, Chile

Free Walking Tour Santiago Reviews

HuBison HuBison
What better way to see Santiago than a free walking tour! May 12, 2012
With a bit of research, before I left for my trip in March 2012, I found a free walking tour of Santiago. My friend and I met them tour guide in front of the Cathedral of Santiago in Plaza de Armas and looked for someone wearing a red shirt.

Felipe was our tour guide and he was great! The tour was done in English and there were about 20 people in our group that showed up. You don't make a reservation, you just show up! The tour can take almost 4 hours, so bring comfortable shoes, dress appropriately, bring your camera and put on your sunblock before you head out (read the instructions). There is a break at a small restaurant where you can taste the national Chilean drink (Pisco sour), have a snack, or rest your weary feet. The tour walks by the major sites and attractions of the city and this is recommended on your first full day in the city. This will give you a great idea of what you want to visit on your own time and what you might want to avoid (as well as what might be closed for renovations).

I really enjoyed our tour guide and my heart is saddened if you don't have Felipe, but there is no way to figure out who you are going to have on any given day. Just be prepared to soak in the history of Santiago, it's sites, to snap pictures and to walk.
La Catedral