Free Prague Tours

Dlouha 2 Prague1, Prague, Czech Republic -

Free Prague Tours Reviews

hannahplusone hannahpl…
Sandeman's Free Europe Prague Tours Apr 06, 2011
On limited time in Prague? Not sure where to start on your trip? Then these free (we'll come to that later) tours are perfect for those with time constraints or indecisive friends!

Around three hours, the tour starts in Old Town Square - look out for people in red shirts with red signs. They take you pretty much everywhere that's important - the Old Town, St. Nic's Church, the Astronomical Clock, Statue of Jan Hus, Museum of Cubisim, the Powder Tower, Wenceslas Square, Josef quarter. The tour guides know their stuff too - usually American, British or Aussie people who have lived in Prague for a while, and there is even a Spanish tour guide who will conduct tours in Spanish.

I learnt a lot on this tour - things I wouldn't have if I'd just stuck to the main attractions. It's great for the solo traveller as well (like me!) who wants to mingle in a group - I met an American guy who was studying in Edinburgh (where I live!) and was over for the week - like me!

They also take you to this fabulous bagel place that is tucked away in one of the side streets - Bohemia Bagel - which isn't too far away from the Aussie pub! Amazing place, it was well worth the lunch break!

I'd definitely recommend Free Prague tours to anyone. I've done one now here in Edinburgh too, and it was just as good. There's also a tour of the Castle and the surrounding areas and a pub crawl at a fixed price, but if you've been on the free tour they will usually give you a discount to one or the other.

Now, nothing in life is free, and this is where Sandeman's gets you. But not in a bad way!! One of the greatest new iniatives to come out of Europe, Sandeman's works on a tip basis. They'll conduct the tour - for free - and at the end, you can pay (in Euros, Krona, US) however much YOU think the tour was worth! And if you think it's dodgy...then you are under no obligation to stay, so you can leave at any time (not that you will want to!)
nimic nimic
Sandemans New Europe - Prague Feb 22, 2011
Well, if you're looking for a way to explore Prague without spending any penny, then Sandemans Free Tour is just for you!

Well, not actually, since they go on tip-only basis, so it depends on you whether you want to give them any money or not.

This guides won't just show you the attractions, they'll tell you about the culture and history about Prague in such detail,that you won't have to read on it before coming.

Let's see, The Prague tour covers a lot of places including the Astronomical Clock and the Jewish Cemetery. The tour usually lasts about 4 hours...yes 4 HOURS (for a free tour!)

I've been to so many Sandemans Tour, and i got to say the one in Prague was the best!
Jul 27, 2007
This is a fairly new program. I was told Berlin has one as well.

It starts at 10:30 at the "Meeting Point" in old town square. Just in front of the jewelry store, Cartier I believe. at the end of the 4 hr walk they will take donations. You can also bail out anytime along the walk.

Depending on who leads the walk (every leader customizes their own walk) you will be lead to the astronomical clock, the statue in the center of the square and told a bit about a few buildings there, the tax square. A church with a severed arm hanging from a chain a few hundred years old, an Australian sports bar, the Jewish quarter and cemetery and sinagauge. Across the Charles Bridge. To the Lennon Wall. and up to the Castle by 1:00 to see the changing of the guards. Led through the 3 courtyards, and around the church.

I enjoyed myself and tipped the guide 200 krown ($15.00 US)
markdt says:
What sort of person would you be if you went on a 4 hour tour, and then didn't offer the guide anything? It would only be free if you believe people don't deserve to be paid to work?
Posted on: Jul 03, 2011
PragueSeeing says:
They do the walks in winter as well. But honestly I don't believe that this is the right way to explore the city. I mean a tour guide should be regulary paid by the agency ... Sorry, this sounds really strange to me!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2010
sarahj says:
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like an interesting way to spend a day in Prague! :)
Posted on: Feb 01, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Free Prague Tours

Walking (x's 2000!)
Yesterday my mom and I joined a free walking tour of Prague. It was really nice, because even though I have seen many of these buildings and land marks as I have walked to and fro... I did not know…free walking tour of Prague. It was really nice, because even though I have seen many of these buildings…
the world gets smaller
I arrived in Prague on Friday afternoon, and was quickly fooled into thinking it was pleasantly warm here (I was carrying all my bags, wearing my big jacket & walking down the street with the sun…Prague (but the hostel is fabulous).  On Saturday I attempted to go on a free walking tour, but arrived…
Wow-What a fantastic place, I'd say it was my favourite place from our Euro-trip. We arrived early afternoon, walked down from the train station into the main square and found our hostel, tucked away…Prague Tours, I think it was. We were given a token for a free city ghost tour. Usually about…

Check Prague Hotel Deals