Fred. Olsen Express

Fred. Olsen Express - waiting in Agaete

Fred. Olsen Express Canary Islands Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Fred. Olsen Express Sep 22, 2014
Canary Islands have wide variety of landscapes; from spectacular volcanoes, lush forests, deep ravines to wonderful beaches. I had a problem with choosing an island that I wanted to see the most, so I chose … four of them! It was a mistake, I should make all seven! I picked Lanzarote as a place of landing and a place of departing back to Poland. Why? First of all, it is the closest Island if we look from Poland side! It means that the flight there is the shortest. But it wasn’t a reason why I chose it. The price was. Charter flights to Lanzarote were the cheapest at the time of booking. However, it doesn’t really matter which island you have chosen as your prime destination, you can make the most of your journey and visit other islands of the archipelago with one of few ferries companies.

Fred. Olsen Express fleet of ships is the most modern and the fastest from all ferry companies. The greatest distance between islands is a maximum of three hours (Fred. Olsen doesn’t have long routes like for example Tenerife – Lanzarote, slower Naviera Armas has them ). The closest distance is only twenty five minutes away, with frequent departures throughout the day. Fred. Olsen shipping service is made up exclusively of latest generation fast ferries. It has it pros and cons. The Fred. Olsen ships are much faster than Naviera Armas’ fleet. However, when the sea is stormy Fred. Olsen doesn’t leave the port. For safety reasons it can’t. Naviera Armas can and does. Fred. Olsen’s ships are generally catamarans so you can’t enjoy your time on a view terraces. You need to stay inside. But staying inside is really pleasant! I liked Fred. Olsen much more than old Naviera Armas. Jumping up and down on the waves makes a nice lullaby, but I guess it might be a problem for people with a seasickness or a motion sickness. Since I’m lucky enough to don’t know what these sicknesses mean, I enjoyed my trip a lot. I was disappointed it was so short! The company owns few ships, among them the most prominent Benchijigua Express, and smaller ones: Bencomo Express, Bentago Express, Bocayna Express, Bonanza Express. I believe, I took Bencomo Express.

Some people say that Fred. Olsen is more expensive than Naviera Armas but I can’t confirm this. My Fred. Olsen ticket from Gran Canaria to Tenerife was cheaper than a ticket for the same route by Naviera Armas.

I used 3 different ferries companies and I must say, that for me Fred. Olsen is the number one company!
still in the port
will go to Fuerteventura
will go to Fuerteventura
waiting in Agaete
Nana_gincin says:
Seems comfortable! ... informative review, thanks Emy!
Posted on: Sep 22, 2014