Fred 62

www.fred62.com - (323) 667-0062

Fred 62 Los Angeles Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
24HR MUNCHIES Nov 01, 2008
i have been coming here since 2004. they have been open since 1997. this is the best place to hang out and have a late snack. it is my routine to eat here after going to the hollywood bowl or clubbing.

this is the place were the original red velvet cake was from. the producers of the "steel magnolias" hired freds 62 to do the famous armadillo grooms cake in the movie. well, that was what the waitress told us.

i love this diner. they have very unique dishes on the menu not to mention the names. i always order either a JUCY LUCY BURGER or a plain ole ham and cheese omelet.

my mum ordered a thai cobb which is the thai version of a cobb salad. we also ordered mac daddy and cheese balls, which are deep fried mac and cheese balls. THEY ARE BAD AND GOOD IN THE SAME TIME. we also ordered cali calamari, which are lightly breaded.

i laso enjoy eating here. it is very busy all day and all night. however the parking is the worst on a sunday. it is either street parking or publc parking across the street but is it not very much.

BEWARE they serve HUGE portions!!!
ham and cheese omelet
thai cobb salad
cali calamari
mac daddy and cheese balls
X_Drive says:
Congrats on your 20th featured review!!!! :D
Posted on: Nov 03, 2008
mellemel8 says:
i have no idea. i have never had their sundaes. i should though.
Posted on: Nov 03, 2008
Aopaq says:
So is Fred 62 and still working there? How are the sundaes?
Posted on: Nov 02, 2008
jenn79 jenn79
Jan 04, 2008
I really loved this place!! Owned by the same people who own Swingers, this place looks like a super-trendy diner but is much more. Staff walked around in T shirts that say "Global Warming is Hot" and "Lesbians Eat Out".. don't ask, I have no idea..

But despite these strange proclamations, the food is amazing. Tasty, cooked perfectly and service is A-OK. The menu is large, and each item seems carefully selected for maximum yumminess. This is THE place for quality organic food.
Bar area of the restaurant.
Lanterns.
Mrs. Loaf and Santa Fe Fritata in …
mellemel8 says:
OMG JUICY LUCY IS A YUMMY HAMBURGER. YOU MUST TRY :)
jenn79 says:
aww mel you're a wealth of information! What's a juice lucy??
mellemel8 says:
also they were hired to do the armadillo cake in steel magnolias movie. love that red velvet cake :)
Amanda Amanda
Feb 25, 2007
It's a long drive from Phoenix to Los Angeles, and since every year when we go we can't leave until after work, we don't get in until about 1:00 in the morning.  What are we thinking about the whole way there??  FRED 62 - The best restaurant I know.

This place is just fun, there's no way around it.  It's right off the 101, easy to get to, and open 24 hours a day.  It's also kind of a cult classic; I know a bunch of celebs like this place, and Tony Bordain, the chef (my hero) has been here, but I've never seen anyone famous there myself.

The food is as eclectic as the place is.  A lot of vegitarian fare for those who need that, but a lot of meat offerings as well; they have it all.  The servings are generous, and the prices are fantastic.

A lot of the time, even though we don't hit town until what is technically Saturday morning, and leave just after noon on Sunday, one stop is not enough; and we'll go again for Sunday lunch before we leave.  I've included the website here, and they have their menu online so you can take a look.

Parking is a bit of a challenge; there really isn't any, so we usually have to park around the corner on the residential street.  But it's a great place, and a great little "taste of LA" on many different levels.

mellemel8 says:
i love this place. it's my hang out after going to a clubbing or hollywood bowl.
Posted on: Jul 16, 2007
Amanda says:
Wow, a harsh statement. For breakfast, current prices range from $2.62 to $10.00 - and that is the single most expensive breakfast item there is. Most are in the $5.00 to $8.00 range, for huge portions that are really delicious; so I think this is a pretty good value.

As far as it being "hipster", I've been there a ton of times, and have never seen a majority of one kind of person over another.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience however, and look forward to reading your reviews soon on the places you love to eat.
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007
DanLange says:
Good prices? Are you out of your mind? Fred 62 is incredibly overpriced!

Not only that, but it's way too hipster to be worth visiting. Thinks too highly of itself, much like a lot of the Los Feliz section of LA.
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007
superduperfantastic superdup…
Jun 21, 2007
Good for being 24 hours. It's usually crowded around the time the clubs let out, and parking is horrendous. So you have to wait. The problem with waiting is that while you are waiting outside, you get to watch the patrons seated outside eating. I remember staring someone down when they were digging into their chili cheese fries. Looked so delicious that I had to order them once inside. Funny thing was that while I was scarfing them down, a table that had JUST walked in saw the fries, and they decided to order them too. All about presentation, folks!

There is a great variety on the menu. The Mac and Cheese balls are good, but VEERRRRYYY greasy. The zits make themselves known as you take your next bite.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals