Fraser Island Retreat

Happy Valley Drive, Fraser Island, Australia
Fraser Island Retreat - Cabin 2- quad share.
Fraser Island Retreat - Main bed.
Fraser Island Retreat - 2 single beds.
Fraser Island Retreat - Discolouring in the shower, no problems.
Fraser Island Retreat - Lockers for storage and security.
Fraser Island Retreat - Basic coffee and tea making facilities.

Check Fraser Island Hotel Deals

Fraser Island Retreat Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Comfortable and spacious. Sep 30, 2016
{I have selected free for pricing as accommodation and main meals were included in tour prices.}

We stayed at Fraser Island Retreat as part of our 2 day Fraser Island tour with The Discovery Group.

As a family for 4, we opted for the quad share option with 1 double bed and 2 single beds.

I had never heard of this retreat so didn't know what to expect however we were very happy to stay here.

As this was a group stay I can't comment on the booking process nor check in however I can comment on the cabin itself and the service at Satinay Bar and Bistro.

After a long day on the sand, we were happy to be back on solid ground in a lovely log cabin.

The room was very spacious as was the bathroom.

The room contained basic coffee and tea making facilities and a fridge.

Another wonderful addition was a locker for each occupant. While we did not need this as a family, it would be useful for backpackers or people travelling as a group.

While this didn't bother me, my kids were horrified to find that the cabin did not contain a television.

There is only two 'negative' things I can say about Fraser Island Retreat:

1. Each occupant was only allocated 1 pillow. I normally use 2 pillows so found this a little uncomfortable.

2. There was a stain in the shower that I initially thought was mold however on a closer look I realised it was just a discolouring on the tiles. Again I didn't bother me too much as its only colour.

Satinay Bar and Bistro.

As we were travelling with a group, we had a limited menu.

The menu we could chose from were:

* Rump Steak.

* Chicken Parmigiana.

* Deep friend Fish and Chips.

* Spinach and Ricotta Pattie (vegetarian option.)

* Falafel Salad.

I chose the Rump which was cooked medium and served with chips and salad and gravy.

My meal was absolutely beautiful, perfect pub food.

I followed this up with a beautiful piece of Sticky Date Pudding, butterscotch sauce and ice cream.

The bistro is located in the main bar area however it wasn't overly loud.

As we were travelling with kids we left after dinner for an early night.

In the bar area you will find photographs of SS Maheno as a whole ship along with scale models. A very interesting display after seeing her wreckage earlier in the day.

I would highly recommend Fraser Island Retreat for travellers wishing to stay in the Happy Valley village.

P.S. On Fraser Island you will pay 'Island prices.'

Groceries are generally double mainland prices, factor this in when purchasing snacks and drinks.
Cabin 2- quad share.
Main bed.
2 single beds.
Basic coffee and tea making facili…
monkeymia79 says:
@Vikram- they had (vegetarian option) next to Falafel Salad. I always thought that was meat.
Posted on: Oct 21, 2016
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2016