Francesco's

356 21559568

Francesco's Zebbug Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Great Pizza, Great Views Aug 24, 2017
On my recent visit to Gozo my cousin and her husband took me for pizza at Franceseco's. A friend had recommended they try the pizza's here so it was a first time experience for the three of us.

On arrival there is parking to the front of the restaurant. However, if you did not know the restaurant was here you'd never know as it used to be a house which has been transformed. From the outside it looks tiny and as you enter the establishment it does indeed feel like that you're walking through someone's house.

We were greeted by a waiter who escorted us past the 'kitchen' area (people were also waiting here for takeaway pizza I assume as it was quite crowded.) We were taken to the rear of the building and shown outside to the seating area - there are two balconies and we were shown down to the bottom balcony to a small table for three. It was exceptionally busy which is always a good sign. The menu is not vast but there is plenty of choice. I opted for the Gozitano and my cousin and her husband opted for the Francesco's Special.

As it was so busy we did have to wait a while, but in doing so we saw the most beautiful sunset over the lighthouse in the distance. We were also joined by the resident cat who was relaxing on the outer wall of the balcony.

When the pizza's arrived we were not disappointed, a nice thin crispy base and lots of topping.

This pizza restaurant is basic, so don't expect Michelin star service or food, just good authentic pizza's are on the menu. Great value for money too at only 5 euros for large pizza.

Advisable to wear insect repellent given that the balconies overlook fields, mosquito's were abundant on the night we dined and although the staff did scatter citronella candles around the balcony they were not much of a repellent.

All in all great pizza, service a little slow, but business was heaving. Looking forward to visiting again on my return.
Sunset from the balcony - what a p…
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured review, Allie! :D Well done!
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured review. Great sunset photo.
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Allie!! Im looking forward for more featured reviews, Allie! ;-)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2017

Compare Ghasri Hotel Rates (1.8km away)

Zebbug Map