France SFR prepaid SIM card

France

France SFR prepaid SIM card Reviews

boazf boazf
France: very bad experience with SFR prepaid SIM card Aug 22, 2013
Entered SFR store in Paris. Asked for a prepaid SIM card and mentioned explicitly that I'm interested mostly in a good data plan. My partner knows very good French as she was born in France. So there is no possibility that I was not understood. The problems:

1. The first 5 euros consumed in 2 hours

2. A new recharge of 30 euros consumed in 26 hours

3. Customer service in English cost you

4. I asked customer service what can I do to reduce my costs and only then i was told about a program that costs 20 euros that gives me unlimited calls and text within France and 300MB for a month and 100MB recharge for 5 euros. Why wasn't I told about this program in the beginning?

5. Bandwidth is as low as 400K for download or even less. This is while connected in 3G. Upload is even significantly slower.

6. There is no English internet site. Even though I was told differently at the SFR store. So parhaps i was not able to find it???

7. It is very unclear how to register to the internet site. Probably you need a password given you at the SFR store. I couldn't figure this out. I didn't invest time on this issue.

8. You can call 950 to get your remaining credit, but they will not tell you how many MB left in your credit. And it is only in French.

9. You can recharge only by buying it in SFR store or by calling but you need a French credit card. other cards will not work.

10. A recharge can take in effect after more than 2 hours. I actually waited 2.5 hours

11. Email was blocked. I could read email while connected through Wi-Fi, but not using the cellular net. I called technical support in English which couldn't help me and asked me to call technical support in French. I gave up on it. I wonder if they charged me for that unuseful support.

12. In some areas Skype and Viber were blocked (this happened rarely).

13. There was an entire afternoon that I tried to call 952 (the recharge number) and I got a message that the number is not in use!?!?!?

So check the other comapnies before deciding which cellular company to choose. I don't know if any of the other companies is better. I would be surprised if SFR is found to be the same as other comapnies or even better.
France Map