Fragrance Hotel - Ruby

Fragrance Hotel - Ruby Rates and Deals

Fragrance Hotel - Ruby Singapore Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Decent place located midway between the center and the airport Feb 11, 2014
The hotels in central Singapore tend to be fairly expensive and generally you will end up with a small box - which the hotels will pass off as a room. But fortunately the MRT system is very well developed so you can actually stay a bit from the centre and still be able to get there in only a few minutes by the MRT.

That is why we ended up out in Geelong area close to the Aljunied MRT station. It is located right between the central part of Singapore and the Changi Airport - only a short train ride in either direction. The rooms in the hotel are still small but they only cost about half of what a similar room in the central part of the city would set you back. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the nearest station and there are a few restaurants nearby if you want to eat in the local area. We actually didn’t use any of the local restaurants so I have no idea about the quality but I assume it is decent.

We walk the short distance from the Aljunied station to check in - which goes pretty quickly and we get a room. We take the elevator to the room - you need to get your keycard first since the elevator isn’t working without a keycard - if on off you go down to buy something alone this means you need to remember to bring a keycard - or be ready to walk to which ever floor you are staying at.

The room is pretty small but it is functional with a bed, a television and a coffee maker at the desk along the window so you can make a cup of coffee or tea if you like. The bathroom is kind of like the room - nothing which you don’t need - but what you need is present.

There is no breakfast at the hotel and wifi in the room isn’t included in the room rate so you have to pay extra if you want internet in the room. I am pretty sure there was free wifi down in the lobby area - but for once I wasn’t all that desperate to get online during my stay so I never checked it out.

The hotel has the usual storage facilities for your bags if you are leaving at night time. In the morning we took advantage of this and left our bag before leaving the hotel to go out exploring the town.

The area around Geelong is known for being the home to the ladies of the night. When you come to the hotel late afternoon you will notice the ladies standing outside in the street looking for business. They generally seem to tend only to their own business and will not bother passersby who aren’t looking for them. We noticed the girls outside the hotel but they weren’t any inconvenience for us and I doubt the hotel was renting out rooms on an hourly basis.
The bed
The shower
The television
The entrance
rsvpme says:
Strange name for a hotel.
Posted on: Mar 22, 2014
gingerbatik gingerba…
Good Budget hotel Feb 11, 2014
Booked and prepaid this hotel through before we depart to Singapore, and we choose this hotel since it has good review and reasonable price within expensive Singapore other hotel. The hotel location also not too far from the airport and close to city centre as well, so it is a win win situation for us.

It cost SGD 55 per night for single or double without breakfast.

The hotel location is in the famous red light district area called “Geylang”, however when we were there, we do not have any problem with the ladies on the street and it seems they did not bother us as well. Nobody think I was one of the ladies on the street, since I dress differently with the ladies who was on the street (I still wear my long pants and long t-shirt since we just arrived from Europe) – whereas the ladies on the street wear sexy and mini dress.

The advantage of this place is close to many sites in Singapore and plenty of local eatery nearby (but we did not try it since we had dinner somewhere else). It was reasonable quick to reach the hotel from the airport by train (mrt). From airport, we take train toward Tanah Merah and then we need to change the train and continue with the green line toward city centre. I think it was only 5 stop to the hotel – stop at “Aljuned” station, from the train station, continue walk a little bit, probably about 5 minutes’ walk to the hotel. It was quite easy to find with the map provided from the

The hotel itself is clean with a small lobby and an elevator. Check in very easy, and hassle free. The receptionist definitely speak English well, and all business related, not that friendly, but okay. No information provide during check in – no mention about wifi either. There is free Singapore maps and other attraction in the reception area for guests.

Unfortunately the room the room we have on the third floor is very small and compact, so not much space for two people inside the room. The room décor is minimalist with all the amenities we need, working air condition, flat screen television, hair dryer, kettle to boil water with free tea and coffee in the room, telephone, and toiletries provided.

No internet in the room, probably can get connection in the lobby but not sure since we did not try it and we arrive late at night time. It was written at the reception area, if wants internet in the room, need to pay extra money, not sure how much since I did not ask, and we only stay for a night.

The bathroom is very basic and it gets wet after have shower since no partition between the shower and the toilet area.

It was quite at night time and we did not hear any noise from our next door neighbour, or probably we were too tired after long flight.

For one night stay it was okay but if stay longer, probably a wee bit cramp since not many space there.

We were able to left the back pack in the afternoon free of charge while exploring the city and wait before our flight.
flat screen television
anuraggarg anuragga…
Affordable stay for a short stopover Apr 17, 2013
Nothing out the world, value for money stay close to the airport.

I had a few friends visiting last year who were on a tight budget. They had a young kid with them as well.

The manager on duty helped them with a free upgrade so that was considerate of him.

Stay was comfortable, a little noisy in the early morning but manageable. Overall, I would rate it average as it is good value for money but not something if you are keen to stay in singapore for 5 days or more.
YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
A Very Basic Hotel Jan 29, 2011
I stayed here with my daughters. It was the cheapest hotel I could get less than a week before we stayed there. The hotel is closed to Aljunied MRT Station and very closed to the main road. The room is small but still comfortable to sleep after exploring the city.

They have hot water, one of my reasons to choose. On the first and the second day, the hot water was on, but on the third it was off. I didn't know why and didn't ask cause we were in a hurry and it was our last bath.

On the second day, when we arrived back from exploring the city in the evening and were very tired, I was expecting our room tidy. But, we were disappointed finding our room was still in the same condition as when we left it. I reported to the front officer and fortunately she asked a staff to clean our room straightaway. We were waiting for about 20 minutes in the lobby before we could come back to our room.

I could say that our stay is comfortable enough and I certainly don't mind to stay there again.

As I remember none of the front officers smiled at us or other guests even when we were talking. Maybe if they could smile, the atmosphere of the hotel would not be as cloudy as the weather outside ;-)

It was raining everyday during our visit.

From Aljunied to the hotel, we had to pass a shops corridor where Geylang girls stand up at every column. We also had to pass one sex shop. If you travel with young children and mind them to see this, maybe you can go through another way, which was I didn't try cause it was raining all the time during my visit and I wanted the short route ;D
The room: small
The bath room: even smaller ;D
yuness yuness
Avarage Hotel May 15, 2010
The hotel along Lorong 20 Geylang.this hotel is only a stone throw away from the Aljunied MRT (train)station a few minute walking from the hotel. 15 minutes from Changi Airport.5 to 10 minutes away from Singapore Central Business District (CBD) and just 10 minutes away from the renowned shopping belt of Orchard Road.

The amneties are pretty ok with a TV, bath tube.I paid USD 40.00 per night which is pretty reasonable by Singapore standard and I stayed there for 2 days.

Room Facilities

* 168 guest rooms

* In-room Wi-Fi available*

* Colour television

* Hair Dryer

* Individually controlled air-conditioning

* Ensuite bathroom with heater

* Phone with IDD facility (subject to call charges)

* Complimentary drinks

• Shops
  • Excursions
  • Walking
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower