Four Corners National Monument, United States

Four Corners National Monument Reviews

mypictures4u mypictur…
Four Corners Monument Aug 29, 2009
Opinions differ on this "sight". To me "Four Corners National Monument" is probably the only place I went to in the States I would definitely not visit again. Why? There is "nothing" special to see.

Pay three dollars and you get admission to the only point where the boundaries of four US states (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah) hit each other. If you are interested in geographical points like that and like taking the famous "standing-in-four-states-in-one-moment" shots, then this place is a must-go I have to admit. Otherwise you may be disappointed.

There is a huge granite marker with an bronze disk that indicates the point of interest. Plus a platform for taking pictures. That's it. It is surrounded by small boothes where where local Navajo and Ute Indians sell handcrafted artwork and souvenirs. I found this stuff more interesting than the so called "point of interest" by the way.

Added the remote location "Four Corners" is a landmark you should only visit if you like "I have been there"-places and you know what to expect. In this case - go. Otherwise: pass by!
swtourleader says:
People are referring to this place as Four Corners National Monument. This name is not correct. It is Four Corners Monument as it is owned and managed by the Navajo Nation and is part of their Navajo Tribal Park System. If it was a National Monument, it would have to be managed by the US Government and created by a US President. This is not the case. It always has been owned and managed by the Navajo Nation. This is also true of the Monument Tribal Park on the borders of Arizona and Utah. These are not US National Park units.
Posted on: Aug 28, 2009
X_Drive X_Drive
Jul 11, 2006
Four Corners National Monument is the one and only place in the United States where four states meet. Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado meet at a point on the Navajo Indian Reservation. There is a small charge to enter the site and once you get in you will only find a small visitors center, restrooms, a fairly large concrete area where the marker is and a platform from which you can take pictures of family or friends as they stand on the spot and are truly in four states at once. Also, surrounding the area are about twenty or thirty craft booths where the Navajo bring and sell trinkets, including pottery, rugs, jewelry, art, and souvenirs. We spent at least an hour or two here taking in the site. I recommend a stop here on any visit through the area. At least once.
I felt like I was floating
Me at Four Corners
acowboy says:
Hahahaha, once i heard about this place i thought it would be something "BIG", but ended as nothing special.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
mypictures4u says:
Hi X_Drive,

I visited this place, too.
What did I expect? I do not know. Nothing special. And to me it was nothing special. It is a classical "I was there" sight. We left after ten minutes.
I would not recommend to go there.

Daniel
Posted on: Mar 01, 2007
euphemy says:
I read about this in one of my magazines. Hopefully some day I'll make it here.
Posted on: Mar 01, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Four Corners National Monument

Four Corners National Monument
After making other stops on day seven we found ourselves at the four corners area.  This again is Navajo reservation land where the only place in the United States that four states come together… After making other stops on day seven we found ourselves at the four corners area.   This again…
Four Corners
From Mexican Hat we headed back south-east and aimed our car towards the Four Corners Monument.  This is the only place in the United States where four states touch at a single point.  This… From Mexican Hat we headed back south-east and aimed our car towards the Four Corners Monument
A Guide to Traveling America's Desert Southwest
Road trips have always been a terrific way to tour National Parks, visit historical sites, discoverthose little, out of the way attractions, and meet new people. Enough cannot besaid about pre-planni…Four Corners National Monument. It is the only area in the United States where four
Four Corners National Monument Map