Fountainside Hotel

Fountainside Hotel Rates and Deals

Fountainside Hotel Hobart Reviews

Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Not Bad Oct 07, 2012
This hotel located in the center in Hobart though you still need a car to go to some of the restaurants and Salamaca Market. There is one steak house located 2 blocks away from the hotel that served quality steak.

Parking is free in this hotel; they would need you to display the hotel "parking ticket" on your dash board in order to enjoy the free parking service.

The lobby and the reception area were tiny however the reception staffs were friendly. Upon entering the hotel entrance though, I had a little problem with the bag because there was no path way for me to roll my bag. I had to lift them up as there was a step entering the hotel. I guess this would not be a problem for most men that could lift their bags easily. It would be a problem for people like me (petite) or some elderly people.

Our hotel rate did not come with a breakfast so I can't really comment on that. The Internet was not free too.

Our room located on the 5th floor where we had a good view. Another design flaws I found was the "step" at the door. To enter the room, we had to step up! Again I had problem with my bag and Charlie almost tripped when getting out of the room. Why can't the room be the same lever with the floor?

The room was an average size with comfortable king size bed. Bathroom was clean and they provide better quality amenities. I love the sink but not so much about the shower. The shower has a glass wall half way and no door. I could not see how a person taking shower without making the floor wet which could be hazardous for other people that came into the slippery bathroom.

The mini bar items were surprisingly cheap. We enjoyed it
Entrance
Reception
spocklogic says:
Sounds a bit of a trip hazard in places, but otherwise nice. No free breakfast or wifi is a negative, but cheap minibar items a plus. A few pros and cons and good job showing the balance, as May notes.
Posted on: Oct 09, 2012

Fountainside Hotel Overview

The Fountainside Hotel Hobart is conveniently located, as it is right at the main entrance of the highway and close by many of the riverside city’s major attractions and retail centers. The hotel is situated in a beautiful area with great views of parks and gardens. This is Tasmania’s capital, and one of Australia’s most important cities.

The hotel is located at 40 Brooker Avenue just three minutes away from the shopping center on Hobart and a short walk away from the city’s waterfront restaurants.

The Fountainside Hotel Hobart offers guests king size beds long with air conditioning, dry cleaning and laundry services, PPV movies and Internet access. In addition, guests can expect luxuriously decorated bathrooms, free Austar service for their TV, and service befitting of a four star rating.

The Fountainside Hotel Hobart offers its guests many amenities including a free breakfast (buffet or continental) and an onsite restaurant.

Fountainside Hotel Amenities