Foundling Museum

020 7841 3600

Foundling Museum London Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Good enough but not really a must-see Oct 27, 2012
So, the history of this place and the spiel is given here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundling_Museum. But I'll just say that it's located near the British Museum, and walking to it is fairly easy, but not the most pleasant when it's freezing cold outside ;-)

The day I went, I wasn't that impressed because there was some kind of violin recital going on to celebrate the end of BST, by Emma Kirba (apparently, she's famous). I enjoyed the basement display of clothes worn by the kids and the history of the organisation. On the top floors, I loved the rococo ceiling, plus love how they've kept a mirror incase you want to stare at it real close. The staff were also real helpful, infact more than in a store where they were coming every few minutes to make sure I'm comfortable, etc.

I wouldn't recommend this place as an "A list" attraction if that makes sense. But if you've made multiple trips to London, then BUNG IT ON! It doesn't hurt, and will give you an insight into the 'other' side of London.
One of the displays on the walls i…
The building from outside