Forum

(857) 991-1831

Forum Boston Reviews

jack_nel jack_nel
Good location, mediocre experience. Sep 18, 2012
On a nice summer evening I decided to try one of the local places I hadn't been to before, so I decided to sit outside at Forum, which is a new(ish) Boston restaurant. It was a Thursday night, not busy at all.

The hostess was polite, but very blah when she sat me, although later (upon my initiation) she made small talk and was friendly.

My server was apparently not happy about being at work, she made no effort to be friendly to either me or her one other table. She offered no advice, and told me "everything is good" when asked if she had a favorite dish. Zero personality the entirety of meal.

It took about 10 mins for her to take my drink order and another 10 to get it to me (it was a glass of wine), again, they were NOT busy.

I ordered the Seafood scampi, it was unremarkable, but not bad. It was an average portion size and the seafood seemed fresh, but the dish was just bland. $26.

After dinner, I ordered a cappuccino. The foam was spilled all over the side of the cup and in the saucer, I nearly got it all over my shirt. The server said sorry, but made no effort to put it in a clean cup or at least wipe the cup off. I had to request paper napkins to clean the cup to avoid dripping all over my shirt. The "cappuccino" tasted like a coffee with foamed milk, I didn't even finish it. Bad.

I had to go inside to ask a different server (couldn't find mine) if I could get my check. After several minutes my server came with the bill. The server did take the cappuccino off the bill.

Food wise, I might give it a second chance since I'm local, but for now I wouldn't recommend it to visitors, there are just too many good places in that immediate area to recommend (I'm working on them!).

Check Boston Hotel Deals