Forum Hotel Rome

Check Rome Hotel Deals

Forum Hotel Rome Reviews

Innochka Innochka
not worth 4 stars Feb 05, 2010
Location is great, it is just next to Colosseum, Vittoriano monument, Forum, Palatine Hills just across the street. Service in restaurant on the roof - excelent, food is very good, but not cheap.

We found the hotel on one of the travel websites, feedbacks were very good, but somehow they do not correspond real picture..

The hotel needs a good repair, especially their bathrooms, looked like last time they were painted at least 7 years ago.

When we arrived there was no light in the corridor in our room and mini-bar did not work. It's ok, it happens. We informed the front desk and the guy asked to wait untill next day, because it was evening and electrician was not there. It was also fine with us. But the next day when we came back late to the hotel it wasn't fixed. We turned to front desk again, but the guy without any appologies said "What can I do, may be my colleague had forgotten to call electrician" - great answer for the receptionist from the 4 star hotel.

In feedbacks we read there was said a lot about some great breakfast, but our breakfast was very scanty.

There were some more minor situations like the dissatisfied guy whom we asked to walk to the garage and bring our umbrella from our car, because the one he offered to us was too small for two of us; the bed with two mattresses pushed together...

If we had to stay in Rome longer, we would have definetely changed the hotel, just wanted to see Rome, and not to waste time for looking for the hotel...
lwatkins47 says:
Da! I see you wrote a review! Good. This is what happens when I hurry!
Posted on: Feb 06, 2010
lwatkins47 lwatkins…
Another High End Hotel that is really great if you can afford High End for a few days Nov 26, 2009
The Hotel Forum is just down the street from the Forum. They have a great terrace to sit out on for meals & food/beverage breaks. The place is great, as well it should be, because it is expensive. The bed is probably a 5 but I only really like my own bed.
A view from the terrace
lwatkins47 says:
I am so sorry that was your experience. You should write a review with your pictures. I don't know if we got better than usual. We might have because my parent s were with us & were not international travelers at the point & we had just moved from the Three Coins Hotel which was a horrible experience for my parents & seriously annoying for me. I may have related to the Forum people the problem & said something like "I want my dad settled down & happy so I can be happy. Can you fix this at your hotel?" Did you eat on the Terrace? Was that good?

You know one of the things we do usually is look at the room before we rent it & make a decision as to whether or not it is going to be okay. When we went to the 3 Coins hotel we looked at the room, saw the fountain, heard the fountain but just figured they would turn it off & everyone would go home at dark. So sometimes looking at a room isn't enough. More questions have to be asked. Like what time do they turn the fountain off?
Posted on: Feb 06, 2010
Innochka says:
*fully, sorry =)))
Posted on: Feb 05, 2010
Innochka says:
very surprised with your feedback.. Did you have a luxury room may be? We could afford a better, but they said they were fooly booked.. May be they gave us one of their worst rooms because we were young and not imposing? We had standard room, and it was awful..
Posted on: Feb 05, 2010

Forum Hotel Rome Overview

If you want to stay in the heart of ancient Rome and be surrounded by fascinating Roman ruins, monuments and churches, the Forum Hotel is ideal. This elegant hotel is set in an 18th century building next to the ancient church of Santi Quirico e Giulitta and between the magnificent Coliseum and the Roman Forum. These truly spectacular sights can be admired from the hotels panoramic rooftop terrace featuring a restaurant and bar. Here you can enjoy a delightful mix of traditional Roman cuisine and international flavours.

The luxury Forum hotel offers comfortable guest rooms all traditionally furnished. The staff are on hand to offer advice and recommendations on how to make your stay in the Eternal City unforgettable. The Hotel Forum is close to Piazza di Spagna and the exclusive shopping area around Via del Corso and Via dei Condotti. It is well connected by public transport while many major attractions are within walking distance.
The hotel offers Free Breakfast and No Smoking Policy.

Forum Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower