Fortune Select Metropolitan

Fortune Select Metropolitan Rates and Deals

Fortune Select Metropolitan Jaipur Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Business Hotel Nov 28, 2010
My host in Delhi came with me in Jaipur and she said she'll take care of the booking bec she has a friend who's in the hotel industry. I already mentioned Umaid Majal before but let her do the booking as I'm hoping she'll get a better one for a good deal.

My host friend sent me an email about a booking on this hotel and it showed Rs4,000/night for a standard room. She said it's already 60% discounted from the usual price. I checked out the website of the hotel to have an idea of what it looks like, etc. It showed price of rs7,000 for a room and the pictures looks like a typical hotel anywhere else...

I messaged saying "it wasn't cheap" and that I would have preferred a "heritage hotel" bec I value the experience of seemingly living in a palace/royal residence :P Nevertheless, I said it's fine with me if she likes this.

We went straight to the hotel the moment we arrived in Jaipur. When we got there, I was a bit confused if it is indeed our hotel bec it looks like a mall. Turns out the hotel has a mall beside it.

When we got in, my host friend took charge of checking us in. It was taking a bit long so after a while, I came to her as she was talking with one of the hotel staff. I learned that the hotel was telling her that our room was given to a hotel guest who can't leave the hotel bec of some accident. The hotel wanted to move us to a different one. My friend says she'll handle it.

After a while, she came and said she was asking them to give us complimentary tour of Jaipur if they have to move us to a different hotel. SHe was told they will inform their superiors. She called her friend who booked her to this hotel to tell him what's happening.

After a while longer, finally, they said they could accommodate us. It was quite weird that they would suddenly accommodate us after my host's friend spoke with them...it seemed like they just dont want to honor the discounted room price they gave us.

Upon entering our room, I immediately noticed it's quite small. I was told this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel but considering my prior experience with other hotels..the size of the room is not of 4 star..

I checked out the bathroom and there are not sufficient complimentary toiletries provided...there's only one small soap, there's no toothbrush and toothpaste which are typical of the simplest hotel I've been...and this is supposed to be a 4 star business hotel! You must be kidding me!

The only "cute" feature the room has is the glassed bathroom meaning if you put up the curtain of the bathroom from inside, the one in the bed could watch the person taking a bath...now, this seem a bit of a different kind of business for me :P Not really a businessman's hotel esp bec of the lack of toiletries :P

The only good thing I had in this experience is the buffet breakfast which allowed me to have my eggs in the morning plus bread, coffee etc :) I also had my fruits and juice to end it.

Tho the buffet breakfast was good, it didnt really made it up with my disappointment of the room bec in my home country Philippines, I could get a cheaper room (around Rs3500) for a better room, a great pool on top of hotel with a good view, and a much much better breakfast selection with a way much better ambiance :P I wasn't saying that it should have the same price but India is supposedly cheaper than my home country..actually, there are cheaper options in Jaipur which would have been more of value for money like the Umaid Majal which I stayed for the next night.

That said, I definitely won't pay the full price of Rs7000 for this, I wont even pay Rs4000 for this. It wasnt value for money for me bec of better options available.
TravellinChic says:
Thanks Gpat :)
Posted on: Dec 12, 2010
Glynnes says:
Nice review and photos. Thanks!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2010

Fortune Select Metropolitan Overview

The Fortune Select Metropolitan is close to the historic district of the city. This puts it within reach of several major sites including Amber Fort and other significant destinations. There is ample shopping and dining in this area, as well. Both the Jaipur International Airport and a major rail station are within minutes of the Fortune Select Metropolitan.

The Fortune Select Metropolitan provides accommodations in a contemporary setting. A lift provides access to the rooms on the upper floors.

The Fortune Select Metropolitan is a contemporary facility provided with modern amenities. There is a restaurant on site and a bar for those who simply want to enjoy a cocktail. There are conference facilities and a fully-equipped business center at the hotel. There is also a swimming pool and a fitness center provided for guest use. There are outdoor sporting facilities available at the hotel, as well. This hotel markets itself as an upscale business hotel.

Fortune Select Metropolitan Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes