Fort Ord Dunes State Park

Beach Range Road, Marina, CA, USA

Fort Ord Dunes State Park Marina Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
A little slice of heaven Jun 26, 2016
Our favorite beach in the area north of Monterey. Take Lightfighter or Imjin Exit off Hwy 1, and follow signs to the highway overpass. Plenty of parking. Portable potties at the parking lot only. You can also dispose of your garbage here. (The coyotes and racoons will thank you.)

From the parking lot you have two choices when you plan on staying close to your car. Either go to the right up to the vista point and marvel at the view of the Pacific Ocean and Monterey Bay. On a clear day Santa Cruz is visible. If you head to the left down the road along the fence, you'll be able to spot the beach access.

Beach access is not wheelchair friendly here. I'd leave carts and strollers too. Carry what you can. Bring trash bags and take what you bring back with you. No trash cans. No life guard at the beach.

You can also enjoy hiking or biking on the trails along the dunes. The trails go all the way to Monterey from here. They go up north too, but I'm not sure where they end there.

We come here to let our child play in the sand, and get away from the crowds of other public beaches. Parking has never been an issue here even on holidays and weekends. It takes us about 5 - 10 minutes with our toddler in tow, and him looking at every rock along the way.

Highly recommend checking it out, but only if you plan on keeping it as clean as you found it.
One of the signs by the parking lo…
View toward Santa Cruz
Monterey Bay
Pacific Ocean
missandrea81 says:
Thank you all for stopping by. :D
Posted on: Jul 16, 2016
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
I drove by this place to go to Carmel-by-the-Sea. I will definitely visit this place next time. Thanks for letting people know about this hidden gem.
Once I saw 5 whales from Pismo beach :D
Posted on: Jul 07, 2016
hightide says:
Looks like you found a secluded gem :)
Posted on: Jul 07, 2016