Fort Lauderdale - Downtown & Beach

Ocean drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Fort Lauderdale - Downtown & Beach Reviews

snickers87 snickers…
great place, great vibe May 02, 2011
The first time I arrived in Fort Lauderdale, I got into a taxi, it took me to the cheapest hotel on the beach, and the actual town seemed like dead to me, like a ghost town, all the businesses were closed, ..it was mid-June and the season in Florida has just finished. I woke up at 7 am and I was amazed by the beautiful sunrise, palm trees and overall tropical setting.

The city itself is so clean and neat, a complete opposite of nearby Miami. Fort Lauderdale has more of ''american'' vibe, then Miami which is mostly all about latin and cuban culture.

the beach of Las Olas is gorgeous, the nightlife is great, and there's lots of shopping and entertainment.

The only thing I didnt really like is public transportation which is almost non existing, very hot/humid weather, unexpected showers.

Related Travel Blogs About Fort Lauderdale - Downtown & Beach

Fort Lauderdale and the World Famous Jungle Queen Riverboat
Fort Lauderdale, known as the "Venice of America" due to its expansive and intricate canal system, is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. According to 2007 U.S. Census Bureau estimates,…Fort Lauderdale's arts and entertainment district runs east-west along Las Olas Boulevard, from the beach to the heart of downtown

Check Fort Lauderdale Hotel Deals