Fort Inn Guest House

Fort Inn Guest House Rates and Deals

Fort Inn Guest House Galle Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Fort Inn Galle May 20, 2013
I didn’t make any reservation at this place, basically just turn up from the train station with tuk tuk which cost me 150 rupee. The owner great me at the front door with big smile and carry my luggage to the sitting room. Please note, there is no lobby or anything fancy about this place. This is more like a home stay or guesthouse as the place is very small and crammed. It only has four rooms including the owner room.

First question from the owner is “where I come from?” and when I asked how much does it cost per night? The owner opening price was 4000 rupee, which I though very expensive for this kind of establishment. I asked if he can lower the price and finally he lower it to 3500 rupee per night including breakfast. As it was rain outside, I don’t have much choice or just too lazy to look for other guesthouse especially with my luggage. So I agree to stay for one night.

I have room at third floor with a balcony but the stairway was very small and narrows (no elevator in this guesthouse). The room itself very small and not much space to put stuff. There were one queen bed in the bedroom, big cupboard but it was locked by the owner and definitely cannot use it and I can't put my clothing anywhere. There was old flower scattered around the bed sheets and the bed full with small ants. I mention this to him, and he clean it up and said the bed sheet is new (however I was bitten twice at different part of my body by the ants at night time).

There was one small dressing table where I can put my stuff and chair, also stand alone wood to hang towel at. The bathroom itself small and the toilet is not that clean, I can see black dirty stuff underneath. The water pressure in hand basin was very slow and it just trickle and the pressure in the shower also not good.

Luckily the hot water and air condition working properly and cooling the room. But the window around it was rattle every time the wind blowing, so it was a bit noisy. In addition to this, even though I have the air condition on, I still feel sticky with ocean salty air at this place, which means the ocean air actually goes to the room and the ventilation is not that good. There was no internet in the room, and I was able to use internet at the first floor, but the connection was not that good.

The guesthouse able to cook food for the guests at fee and the “restaurant” located at the second floor balcony with two tables only. I didn’t try their cooking as plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby.

In the morning the breakfast was okay, I have fruits platter of mango, pineapple, water melon, papaya and banana, four slices of toast and one egg with butter and jam.

Since the house is very small, they hang their washing in the balcony in front of my room, so it was all full with clothing’s and bed sheet.

Despite the small house and small room, the owner is friendly and chatty. However for the price quoted, there are plenty of better guest houses around the vicinity which probably gives better value for your money. I probably wouldn’t stay here again, as it is just too basic to my liking.
hallway inside the room
bedroom
bathroom

Fort Inn Guest House Overview

04 no. of room family run guest house invite to you stay with us, shere your experience with our family.5 minutes by tuk tuk from the bus or railway station. no.31, Pedler Street, Fort, Galle. This description is based on information provided by the B&B / inn.

Fort Inn Guest House Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • Coffee / Tea Maker
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower