Foreign Currency Exchange in Warsaw

Warsaw, Poland

Foreign Currency Exchange in Warsaw Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Changing foreign currency in Warsaw Jun 04, 2011
Avoid doing this at the airport if you're changing more than a small amount as you'll get less for your money here than if you head for a Kantor (Foreign Exchange place) in town.

You can find a number of them in the city center and in shopping centers like Arkadia and Zloty Tarasy. You also get worse rates if you head for a bank here.

That said, if you do need some other currency, although you wont be getting the most for your money, it's very convenient here at the airport, the people are helpful and are friendly and you can be pretty sure that you're not getting cheated.
FX place in the departures area - …
alicemenezes509 says:
Airports do give you less for your money. However, online currency exchanges like Travelex have a 0% commission policy. Look here for more info:
Posted on: Nov 25, 2013
janholland says:
A few days ago (on a transfer from Vilnius to Amsterdam) I've changed Lithuanian Litai to Polish Zloty at this FX office. For 110 Litai I received 39 Zloty. After checking this at my iPhone Exchange Rates app I found out that this should at least be 135 Zloty!
Returning to this FX office I've asked if they made a mistake. "No, no mistake. We use another rate". Only after a long discussion I could get my 110 Litvai back. I did have to sign a receipt for the return of my money so it looks like this practice is institutional at this FX office. In the transfer area (so after security and passport control) this FX office seems to be the only place where you can change money. Be aware not to!
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013