Fore Street

www.forestreet.biz - (207) 775-2717

Fore Street Portland Reviews

mouzouris mouzouris
Great Restaurant !!! Aug 04, 2011
The food at this restaurant was amazing. My wife had the roasted chicken and I had the steak. I think that was the best steak I ever had, stealing the #1 slot from the peter Luger Steakhouse in Brooklyn. We did try the signature Chocolate Souffle Cake even though we were full from the main course and we did not regret it. The only negative that I can think of is that it was a little too dark and we could barely see our food but, i think it was just the table that we were seated at. Great casual atmosphere overall. Would highly recommend it.
vances vances
May 24, 2006
A favorite haunt in Portland, Fore Street's co-owner/chef was formerly associated with the Harraseeket Inn in Freeport --- one of Maine's most respected institutions (for food as well as lodging). Located in the Old Port, this venue offers the best of Maine delicacies...and not just the seafood. Sam Heyward has well established connections with many locals and insists upon the freshest vegetables in addition to his fish offerrings (which I recommend, although you really can't go wrong because of their insistence upon excellence in every offering).Nestled in the cobblestones of Old Port, the atmosphere of this eatery exudes the feeling of old-time sailing vessels which Maine is known for. While Portland has many splendid eateries, Fore Street provides a rare European experience...witnessed by the fantastic cheese plate offered as a dessert choice. You will not be disappointed!

Related Travel Blogs About Fore Street

A Maine Love Affair
The Friendliest Place on Earth.No, that would not be Tennessee, South Carolina or any of those other states below the Mason Dixon line. Prior to this weekend, I would have never thought people from a…Fore Street in Portland. YUM. You must not, however, stay in the Sheraton in South Portland. Ew. Double ew.) We got such…

Check Portland Hotel Deals