Ford's Filling Station

9531 Culver Boulevard, Culver City, CA, USA
(310) 202-1470
Ford's Filling Station - this is a little close to ford's filling station but i just love that rainbow so i posted it.  ;)
Ford's Filling Station - fish and chips (and battered asparagus and battered shrimp and pickled carrots)
Ford's Filling Station - we like ford's!
Ford's Filling Station - downtown culver city -- outside of ford's filling station looking at the culver hotel
Ford's Filling Station - chocolate cake with creme fraiche
Ford's Filling Station - we like ford's.... a lot!
Ford's Filling Station - fries on the left; fried oysters on the right (crispy shoestring fries under the fried oysters)

Ford's Filling Station Culver City Reviews

sybil sybil
great bar atmosphere Mar 16, 2008
ford's filling station is one of the places i love to go to in culver city because i actually enjoy the bar. ford's is probably more known because it is owned by harrison ford's son. ford's is supposed to be a gastropub so i pretty much now just go for the "pub" part.

i have previously reviewed ford's on citysearch and just didn't give it an adequate review. i still stand by the review. but, i have gotten around the bad, slow service by just eating at the bar. i have never gone back to eat at the restaurant.

while my other favorite bartender is now gone, new ones have been hired and i enjoy them just the same.

here was my prior citysearch review:

food is good, service bad 10/28/2006 Posted by pinays

made reservations but the wait to get seated was at least 20 minutes. then, the wait staff took a while to get our order. but once we got the order, the food was great (i had the flat bread/pizza). when we complained about the really slow service, the server gave us free dessert on the house. i thought that was nice. if i go back, i would make sure i am not hungry so i won't be upset if i am not seated promptly.

*update*

i ate dinner in the dining area (as opposed to the bar) for the first time since my 10/28/06 review. the service is MUCH improved. the food came out quickly - maybe 10 minutes or so? as always, the food was yum.

let me just review some of the food i have had here:

1. fish and chips: it comes with about 3 0r so large pieces of battered fish - crispy on the outside and tender and perfectly cooked inside; 2 pieces of battered asparagus - crispy on the inside although my friend, who is an asparagus snob, thought it was too stringy; pickled carrots; one large shrimp, which was very good; and fries (or chips, as the brits say), which were somewhat crispy on the outside and soft inside.

2. four cheese flatbread: thin dough with lots of cheese. what more can one ask for.

3. fried oysters - the oysters are fried. anything fried is almost always good. this was one of them. the oysters come with lots of shoestring fries underneath.

4. chocolate cake with creme fraiche - the dessert menu actually changes a lot. i have loved their brownie sundae and their molten chocolate cake. alas, ford's no longer offer those. instead, i had the chocolate cake recently and i thought the cake was not too sweet and just ok. i did not love it.
this is a little close to ford's f…
fries on the left; fried oysters o…
fish and chips (and battered aspar…
downtown culver city -- outside of…
martinikitty13 says:
don't forget there's michael and buffy there! awesome bartenders!
Posted on: Mar 18, 2008
villan says:
Honest as always, and I do like the look of the fish and chips!
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Ford's Filling Station

Best Bar Food.
Well, it's obvious from my username and blogs that I love martinis, and imbibing in general with my food.  Thus I thought I'd list my favorite places to grab a casual drink and bite to eat. …Ford's Filling Station ( 9531 Culver Blvd )( Culver City )(Average/Expensive).   I seem to have a strange relationship with this…

Check Culver City Hotel Deals