For the hiking view of a lifetime!

Cinque Terre, Italy
For the hiking view of a lifetime!  - Picnic stops along the trail.
For the hiking view of a lifetime!  - A view during my hike.
For the hiking view of a lifetime!  - A view during my hike.

For the hiking view of a lifetime! Cinque Terre Reviews

freezabird freezabi…
Cinque Terre Mar 29, 2011
The hike between the 5 villages is one of the most scenic I have ever seen. It can all be done in one day-- But what I did is stayed in Corniglia, and one day I hiked south, and the day after I hiked north. Then I could take my time and spend a bit of time in the villages along the way> I think 3 nights is pretty perfect. Enjoy!
rfdragon rfdragon
fantastic scenery, a must May 23, 2010
This is definitely a must if you are in the north part of italy. An excellent hike which you can complete in a couple hours or spend the entire day resting in each town. The views are excellent and the last town is more of a beach resort to relax at. A memorable experience for sure
cotterb cotterb
Hiking in the Cinque Terre Mar 27, 2009
Hiking in the Cinque Terre hills is amazing and something that should be on every hikers list.

The 5 towns of the Cinque Terre are joined by numerous trails which take you up into hilly country side behind them. There are also 4 tourist paths which are genearly easy to walk and which are often close to the bay so there are incredible sights to see.

To hike on any of the trails you need a CinqueTerre Park Pass. This costs 5€ for a 1 day pass, and multiple day passes get cheaper. They also have a pass which will allow you to use the trains in between the towns also, but this is more expensive obviously.

The walk between the southern two towns Riomaggiore and Manorola, is the easiest is is called the Via dell' Amore. It's more of a long sidewalk. Strollers roll along fine.

Along this walk you will see locks randomly locked on the gate next to it. It's a symbol of peoples love for each other.

The walk between Manorola and Corniglia is very pretty as well and only took me about 45 min.

I was unable to make the walk between Cornigilia because it was closed due to a landslide. I later heard that it was a small (5 feet) landslide which didn't even block the trail.

The hike from Monterosso to Vernazza was a little more challenging and took about 90 min.

The paths are genearlly safe, but ocassionally you will walk along narrow paths next to cliffs so use care if your bring children. All of them are well marked and I had little difficulty finding where they started. Additionally a touristy map is provided with your park pass.

Most of the trails have a picnic stop as you leave or near a town, and there are places you can stop and eat even without tables. There are not any restrooms along the trails though (as to be expected)
A view during my hike.
Picnic stops along the trail.
A view during my hike.