Footprints Hostel

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Footprints Hostel Singapore Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Foot massage not included Mar 23, 2013
Footprints Hostel was another one that I tried in Singapore. When I went there to ask for the availability they had dorm rooms but for the price of 23$ which was more than other places so I did not stay there. When I was looking online, they showed up with price of 18 s$, so I was not lazy and I booked the ticket that way. I stayed in this hostel 4-5 days and dorms were never totally full, so all this idea of pricing walk-in people more than the competition does simply does not make sense. Location is in the Little India, which has great food and transportation options.

Hostel has whole building and many rooms in it. I am not sure if they have privates, but dorms are in big rooms and there are 12 or maybe more beds inside. Wall of metal lockers works perfectly fine with my security issues and every bed has light and little place above the pillow where you can leave small things, water or your book for example.

My room was on the second floor, where you get by entering the code on the main door and then work the stairs all the way up. Got me a top bed next to the window and a bit away from the AC, just right spot to have some air and chill but not to freeze to death. I don’t really like AC especially if I am not the one that chooses temperature and the strength. Bathroom is in the hallway and it is a mix between bathrooms and shower rooms. All hallways and bathroom are cleaned couple times per day and I think that middle aged man that does it lives on the same floor.

It looks like there are many seasonal workers living in this place. My room had couple Indian men that were obviously camping in there for longer time. Thinking of that, Singapore is not really easy place to rent a apartment or to buy anything, so this guys probably have to go for the cheapest solution in town and that is $20 hostel rooms. In the afternoons bunch of guys get to the lobby area to socialize and watch the TV, so you can forget about sofa or chair space… For that reason this hostel does not look like hostel any more but more like home-stay for seasonal workers.

Lobby area is nicely made, with nice large chandelier hanging very low from the normal size ceiling. Sofas are pretty comfortable and nice to sit, and there is also a massaging chair, but I did not try it. In the same area they also have bunch of tables that are usually used for breakfast time and to check internet. There are few free desktops that you can use and connect to internet. WiFi is available on all floors and it is good connection. Breakfast is also included in the price, and it consists of bread, coffee and different spreads.

In general, I had great resting nights, but place is a bit weird and it is not going for classic backpacker crowd.
cianmo cianmo
May 12, 2013
It gets a 4/5. A well run hostel with free breakfast and good beds and basics. It’s in a nice location in Little India an offers a whole bunch of discounts on stuff! I made a new friend here by stubbing my toe and glowering at an Australian girl who laughed named Sam, which is a new one for me!
kucrut kucrut
Jan 15, 2011
i already stay in dat footprints hostel 2 times when i had traveling in singapore.

Overall great,,the place is quite neat and clean, why i chooce this place to stay coz the place cozy to stay,,,i chose dorm room with average cost not so costly hostel so i can meet n great other people from other country,,,beside dat place is near mosque and also lot of halal food which is very important for me

Footprints Hostel Overview

Footprints Hostel! Singapore backpackers’ hostel offer budget accommodation with clean and comfortable facilities in a relaxed and friendly environment.

Footprints Hostel Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Air Conditioned
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower