Footprint Guest Cottage

Check Cape Town Hotel Deals

Footprint Guest Cottage Cape Town Reviews

tersia tersia
Looks can be deceiving Aug 18, 2010
Last year August I had to go to Cape Town for a quick business trip. I needed a place to stay for 3 nights and was on a tight budget. I searched the internet for affordable accommodation close to the Claremont area, as that is where I needed to be. Coming from Pretoria and not being a member of TB yet, i had NO clue to which were good or bad areas, as well as how fine the line is... one street divides two worlds!!

I had a lot of options in the average price range, looking at photos on the websites, i made my decision. I paid the deposit and the booking was confirmed. My flight was delayed by 2 hours due to a technical problem which meant that i arrived late in Cape Town. The owner of the guest cottage was quite upset, as she had “other” plans and needed to wait for me. I got the keys to the “cottage” and she told me i can park the car next to hers. It would be safe as it was behind a locked gate.

The room was new, clean and beautiful, the bathroom very small and i got the feeling she got a few extra square meters available and decided lets change into a cottage and make some money. The kettle didn’t work and the cutlery and crockery was below average. Have to say, the king sized bed made up for everything, the linen was beautiful and of high quality.

My last night we had to move rooms, as another “regular client” also booked for that night. The owner moved us to a room in her house, it also had a separate entrance, but we could hear the TV, the 2 year old child not getting his way, footsteps and doors. As she only had parking for 2 cars, she friendly requested me to park our rental car outside on the street. I thought this was not hospitable at all, we had no idea what the crime situation was in the area, and having a rental car we were quite paranoid. We left early the next morning, and were really happy to do so.

I will never recommend this place to anyone, i know there are much nicer places, for the same amount of money, how would i know this? I spoke to other people on the trip and they were all happy, some even paid less than i did with much nicer rooms and better locations.

I think the lesson I've learned was not too always trust personal websites and photos, looks can be deceiving. Again, NO photos were taken of the room, sorry

Check Cape Town Hotel Deals