Football in Gent

Football in Gent - Gent - Standard Liege, Just when the game started

Football in Gent Ghent Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Football in Gent Apr 16, 2008
I had the fortune to be invited to football in Gent. It was my second game in Belgium and also this time it was a semi final of the Belgian Cup. The home team Gent was being visited by Standard Liege which is one of the two favourites for the national championship this year. It is apparently between Standard Liege and Anderlecht this year. For Gent this was the only possibility to win something this year.

Gent stadium is situated at close to Brusselsesteenweg 2-3 km from the city center. I was amazed by all the police that was controlling all the roads around the stadium. All the neighbouring bars were full with spectators and the mood was in general good and people were smiling anticipating a good game.

I had VIP seats which I usually don’t prefer because I like to be among the crowd just to feel the atmosphere. The game was good and surprisingly the home team were the best. Just before halftime Gent made the home crowd happy with a goal. In the second half Standard put Gent under pressure but in the middle of the second half Gent made a contra and scored yet another goal. This changed the match and the home crew then walked on the water and scored yet 2 more goals.

All in all a very good game with nice atmosphere and a lot of happy people surrounding the stadium afterwards.
Gent - Standard Liege, Just when t…
Looking at the home fans
The game seen behind the windows
Happy homecrew after the game
Chokk says:
It was a good game indeed and I enjoyed it a lot, it is not often that you get 4 goals for a homecrew. I dont know if they had any norwegian coach!! I will have to check with one from Gent:D
tvillingmarit says:
Do I remember right; Gent had a Norwegian coach, Trond Sollie some years ago?
mpmurph133 says:
Sounds like a sweet match!

Check Ghent Hotel Deals