Football in Belgium

Liege, Belgium

Football in Belgium Liege Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Football in Liege May 09, 2007
In the beginning of May I had the fortune to be invited to Liege to see the second leg of the semifinal to the Belgian cup between Standard Liege and Anderlecht. A match that ended with home victory 2-1 to Standard over Anderlecht. The result ment that Standard went to the final!

Standard Liege have a great stadium even though it is a bit small but it is very intense and you almost feel that you are on the court. It is said to be one of the ost intense stadiums in Belgium, and I must say I felt like standing on a British football stadium 20 years ago. It was a very nice experience to be there but the match was not one of the best I have seen.

After the match the whole city was in a great spirit due to the fact that they were in the final and especially since they had beaten Anderlecht. We had a realy great night - actually it was very close to fantastic in the small streets of the old part of Liege. The inner city there is a amazing place to party - one of the most fun evening I had in Belgium so far. I will try to beat it:)

Check Liege Hotel Deals