Foodstalls inside Bogyoke Market

Bogyoke Aung Market, Yangon, Myanmar

Foodstalls inside Bogyoke Market Yangon Reviews

shavy shavy
Great experience May 17, 2017
Our first meal in Yangon was in the market. This is something I'd like to experience in each country in Southeast Asia. We loved to mingle with local people, where most Burmese eat. We didn't know that it was closing time, when we get inside we're welcomed by hawkers showed us their food card. But we find this place has a better meal, so we seat at their table.

The food card is translated in english and each dish it shown on photos. We choose three different dishes: sweet and sour chicken, porkchops and fried noodles. I can see them preparing our food in a very small kitchen, four people helping each other. A family I think, father, mother, son and daughter. They speak a very little english enough to understand ( the bill please )

This kind of eatery you can't expect any luxury, you are seating in a plastic chair, worn table, a not very proper surrounding, but the food is freshly cooked. Our food is very delicious, it came one by one in our table probably they only had one stove for cooking. We pay for a totoal price of 13.500 kyat ( 9€ ) how cheap it is a meal for two

Bogyoke market is closed at 5:30 pm we feel like rushed while eating as it was almost six and we didn't done yet, we were the last - these peole are waiting for us to be done. There are restaurants in the market but is good to experience the local eatery in Yangon
shavy says:
Is nothing bad eating at the market, is something I liked to do when travelling in Southeast Asia, looking to foodstalls
Posted on: May 20, 2017
davejo says:
I am afraid we saw the place but did not eat there
Posted on: May 19, 2017
Cho says:
The foodstalls inside Bogyoke market have always been a favorite place to eat when I was living in Yangon. Even now, whenever I visit my homeland I make it a point to go to Bogyoke market, just to eat there!
Posted on: May 19, 2017