Foods local

Valparaiso, Chile

Foods local Valparaiso Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Carry your own toilet paper May 13, 2012
Carry your own toilet paper in Valparaiso. Public restrooms are not a common luxury and if you do find one, you are likely to have to pay to use it. Additionally, you may only be allowed to use as much as they give you. For some serious or personal cases, this may not be enough. Nor do you want to clog plumbing that was not set up to handle that much toilet paper, so if you do carry your own toilet paper, please be gentle to the plumbing as some places are on top of mountain or just having narrow piping. Some places request that you don't put toilet paper in the toilet and that you throw it in the waste basket (whether you had to go Number 1 or number 2). I suggest carrying your own toilet paper wadded up in a roll or some wet nap cleaning type wipes for comfort. By day 2, we had picked up on this and ran into several happy moments where we were glad we had our own supplies. I also had a packet of paper sheets of soap as soap also seems to be a luxury item in some places-geesh!
The attendant on the right hands y…
clearviews clearvie…
Dec 12, 2005
Try the Pisco Sour..... alcoholic drink, base isa brandy distilled from white muscat grapes, limes, egg white, sugar syrup

Pastel de Choclo..... a pastie with corn, meat, chicken,onions, olives, raisins and chopped hard boiled egg

Rico Mote con Huesillo ....... non alcoholic drink with a peeled peach poached in syrup, cooled and served wholein a glass with corn kernels and syrup

Pebre.......... when you order a meal in Chileyou geta small pottery dish with a type of salsa and bread or bread rolls.. contains chopped tomatoes, onions, corriander leaves, chilli, chives
mighty4elix says:
After tasting Chilean apple juice, I don't really like the American type anymore. I dunno... it's different. Pretty much everything I ate in Chile was heavenly. I wish I could eat all my meals imported from Chile. (not really)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2007
angie says:
My friend lived in Chile for several months, and when he came back, he brought a bottle of Pisco sour to share with us-- it's delicious and I agree with your recommendation!
Posted on: Dec 30, 2005