Food on Foot Tour

New York, New York
Food on Foot Tour - Hawaiian pizza.
Food on Foot Tour - Greek dessert
Food on Foot Tour - Falafel
Food on Foot Tour - Shrimp dumpling.

Food on Foot Tour New York Reviews

jackygoh1 jackygoh1
You must join this tour! Nov 25, 2011
This is really a must do thing when you are in New York! Food on Foot tour is started by the affable guide who is a native New Yorker who loves his city. He shared with us history of the city and even gave recommendations on restaurants. He really knows his territory well. In this tour, you basically buy the food to go and walk and eat most of the time.

Prior to the tour, Corey the friendly guide would send you reminder to get your Metrocard ready so as not to delay the group. The detailed instructions might sound demanding but it minimize misunderstanding and possible conflicts.

I used the New York pass for this tour. Take note, if you use the New York pass but do not turn up, you have to pay for the tour which cost $49.00.

There are different tours like International, East Village, Midtown and other areas.

I joined the Mid-town tour in Nov at Hell's kitchen. In this food tour, we had 4 food/snacks and 2 desserts in Hell's kitchen.

He partnered us so that we could look out for each others.

This is a great tour as it was the first time I travelled by the Subway. Fortunately, in this tour, Corey guided us and from Penn station at 34th street, we arrived at 50th street, 9th Avenue. He shared the history of the Hell's kitchen which was notorious in 1960s.

But now, the place is cleaned up and is safe. It is dotted with many great eateries and restaurants. In the mid-town tour, he brought us to eat affordable and delicious food. Do plan this for your first day or second day of tour. For me, I had already reserved the NBC tour on Wednesday thus the earliest date I could get was on Friday.

We had the awesome falafel, sweet and devil chocolate cupcake, shrimp dumpling at japanese sushi shop, thin crust pizza and, hotdog and dessert at The Great Greek bakery. All in all, I really enjoyed the food.

I love Corey's concept as he doesn't force you to buy the food if you don't like. Do take note that you have to buy your own food. Don't worry it is mostly affordable as you can share the food with your partner. For example, a falafel costs about $7 so each person pay about $3.50.

Before Corey left, he asked us where we would be going next, and he kindly gave us instructions on which subway to take.

Sadly, we forgot to tip him. After giving us instruction on which subway to take, he left. While the rest of us were so engrossed in chatting that we forgot to tip. I felt bad as Corey, the awesome guide definitely deserve much more.
Shrimp dumpling.
Hawaiian pizza.
Greek dessert
Falafel
Eboogzs Eboogzs
Get a taste of what NY has to offer Nov 27, 2011
As the undeniable (to me) food capitol of the world, what everyone should do when they come to NY is taste the food. And I can post all the reviews of all the restaurants I go to, but if you're only in NY for a short time (and if you're on a budget) they it's not likely that you'll get to taste it all.

So there are these tours called Food on Foot, where you can tour our many neighborhoods and many cultures, and taste food from all over the world. This includes Chinatown, Little Italy, Old American Baseball Fans, and more. They even have ice cream tours (in the summer of course).

Being from NY, I've never been on this tour (I've also never been to the statue of liberty but that's another story) but that's because i'm always out trying food myself. But if you make the trip here, i think this would make a good sightseeing trip.

Related Travel Blogs About Food on Foot Tour

6th Day in New York: Great food and Awesome day!
On this day, I woke up slightly late at about 7.40 am. I decided not to have a heavy breakfast as I would go for the Food on Foot tour which was included in my New York pass. If you don't have the pa…Food on Foot tour which was included in my New York pass. If you don't have the pass, you actually…

Check New York Hotel Deals