Food and Drink

Food and Drink - Peach trees at all homes

Food and Drink Reviews

rheagirl rheagirl
Quick Chow Jan 18, 2014
Great journeys come with great foods. Here are some that I have tried & tasted and still tickle my taste buds even in just a thought of it. (Listed randomly)

~ Fillet Mignon in Bohol. The day I've tasted this dish, i did try other versions from other places and the one in Balicasag Island Restaurant remains the king!

~ Jonah's Fruit Shake in Boracay (Papaya shake in particular). Sure there are lotsa bar and resto that offer great fruit juices and shakes. But what could be more refreshing than sipping it while viewing the torquise waves in the sunny white sand of Boracay?

~ Tanigue Steak in Pearl Farm & Tita Kaye's Kinilaw na Panga in Davao. These are to die for. I maybe over reacting, but these really taste superb. Though, tita Kaye is a family friend who served us her own recipe of kinilaw.

~ Laing Pasta & Pasta Mayon in Legazpi. I am not really a fan of pasta dishes. But these are Small Talk Cafe's best seller. Cheap but delicioso! mwuah!

~ Saramsam Pasta in Laoag. A must try at Saramsam Cafe at the heart of the city. An spaghetti pasta infused with bits of fresh ripe mango, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cheese and olive oil. not your usual and ordinary pasta. hmmm..

~ Roasted Chicken in Iligan. The best I've tasted so far.

~ Honey Latte in Bana's Cafe, Sagada. Starbucks move over. hehe

~ Cheding's Roasted Peanuts in Iligan. My favorite nut. Don't know if it's the cause of my pimples but never mind. I wished i had brought home a thousand packs so i can munch it for a year.. hahaha!

~ Vjandep Pastel with yema (custard) filling in Camiguin. Great pasalubong for sweet addicts.

~ Chewy Junior's cream puff (Bugis). I am not sure if it's available anywhere in SG. For me, it tastes better than doughnuts. Simple, soft, creamy but not too sweet. yum.. yum..

~ Lemonade with Dried Plum in Esplanade. The plum gives a hint of salty taste in a sweet sourly lemonade.

~ Homemade Youghurt. It's always in my itinerary to get a bowl of Sagada's signature dish from Yoghurt House. Masarap kaya!

~ White Cheese Salad (i must have invented the name, hehe.. i will update once i get the real name.) at Cafe by the Ruins in Baguio. A healthy and delectable organic salad. I've gotten what I have paid for!

~ Kinunot na Pagi in Sorsogon. It's a spicy coconut milk based dish in which the main ingredient is stingray. Get sweat!

~ Poqui-Poqui in La Preciosa Restaurant. Just a simple eggplant omelette but it tastes so good! A must try when in Laoag City.

~ Biryani. Your visit to Hyderabad is not complete without tasting the Biryani. It is a spicy Indian dish that gets yummier for every spoonful. It's main ingredient is mutton or chicken and served mixed with steamed rice.

~ Fresh Cherries. I have not heard of cherries grown in the Philippines. Thus, the first taste of fresh ones is in Macau. iluuhveeet!

~ Caramoan's version of Bicol Express. Not too spicy, a little bit sweeter. Perfect partner of rice and soda drink! yummmm!!

~ Max's Chicken Burger - I have been dining in Max's restaurant quite several times already. Just recently my brother recommended the chicken burger. And the verdict is: 5 BIG SPOONS! Winner!

~ Lechong Paksiw & Bopis - at Shane's rolling store in Baler, Aurora. These are two of the best sellers. Local celebrities/surfers dined out at Shane's and quite a number of bloggers have recommended it. My friends and I went back the next day for another round of Bopis. Very cheap but really good. (no diet while on holiday please)

~ Nanay Pacing's Peanut Butter in Baler - I am not really fond of peanit butter spread. But when I've tasted Nanay Pacing's, I took an effort to prepare my sandwich every morning for my breakfast. Nto the usual me. :)
GMendozaFilms says:
I've never had the chicken burger at Max. Will try it next time I get a chance. I love Fillet Mignon but I've never had it in the Phil. Does Tita Kaye's have a website or facebook fan page?
Posted on: Mar 12, 2016
soonthiam says:
Whoa, would love to try all these food. Yes, travelling is incomplete without tasting the local food.:)
Posted on: Dec 01, 2014
nolan says:
Rhea, interesting list. I've tried a few of them you mentioned, including the kinunot na pagi, also in Sorsogon.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2014
keepred keepred
food in Krabi May 20, 2010
Personally, i didn't enjoy the food in Krabi, except curry. Restaurants tend to give you very salty pizza, because they want you to drink more beer.

Although people from Europe or other countries don't have the habit to bargain, I suggest you should do it in Krabi, especially you want to join the tour to go other islands nearby.
didn't take any food photo
elnaerasmus elnaeras…
Sep 17, 2007
Destination in Lesotho was the Katse Dam. Construction started in the '70's and was completed in 1998. The dam supplies water to South Africa and electricity to Lesotho. Approx 168 families were affected. They were moved at the cost of the SA Government to other land - similar in size, houses were built for them, peach trees planted (virtually every hut in Lesotho has peach trees) and assistance for 3 years. Graves were moved as well.

On Saturdays and Sundays the dam wall is open from 9 to 11.00 am. In the week is it until 4.00 p.m. From the Ficksburg (SA) border it is approx 140km - but it will take approx 3 -4 hours to get to the dam - but only about 2 hours to get back. It is high in the Maluti Mountains and there are numerous passes to travel. It is a tarred road (also built by SA). Take your own food and drinks if it is a day trip, as there are no shops or guesthouses along the way. At the Katse dam there is a lodge where you can stay overnight and have refreshments.

This is Africa. On the tarred road you will find donkeys, mules, donkey carts, sheep, goats and cattle. Men in Basutho blankets and gum boots, piccanins with gum boots, shirts and no short waving and asking for a sweet, friendly ladies waving but alas - also the ever present minibus taxi - totally disregarding any rules and regulations!

The Mafika Lisiu Pass (the highest in Africa) is on this road. On the way back, from Ficksburg travel to Fouriesburg and then to Clarens in SA. Beautiful town with more art galleries than any other town in SA, About 10 km out of town towards Bethlehem, you will find the Ash River Fallout. Water from Katse Dam is pumped through tunnels into the Ash River on its way to the Vaal Dam. Worth Seeing.
Basotho man with donkeys
Katze Dam
Peach trees at all homes
Road over Katze Dam