Food Opera @ Ion Orchard

Food Opera @ Ion Orchard Reviews

MeiYen MeiYen
Glorious Beed Noodles! Jun 20, 2010
For a Penangite like myself, we are very particular in our hawker food, very stringent on the taste and quality of simple street/hawker food and hardly admitting there is anything which comes close to the standard of Penang Hawker food least to admit Singapore has something that Penang doesn’t have… THE Beef Noodles! Oh.. we have Beef Noodles in Penang but the one in Singapore is different and so far I could only find it in Singapore.

I have had the beef noodles time and time again over years while visiting Singapore. This trip no less, the first thing I did when I arrived in Singapore is to get to Orchard and enjoy a piping hot beef noodles @ Food Opera in ION Orchard. This particular beef noodle stall is the same one from Scotts Picnic, the very same one I had for years.

The dry beef noodles consist of rice noodles, a thicker version of the vermicelli, in Hokkien we call it “Chor Bee Hoon” ( direct translation – Thick Vermicelli), with bean sprouts and slices of tender beef and if you like the brisket and tripe you could add on as well, but for me, just the beef, top it with piping hot fragrant thick starchy gravy served with a separate bowl of beef bouillon with beef balls accompanied by the chilli with vinegar blended garlic. Yummy Yummy Yummy I’ve got beef noodles in my tummy!

Price: SGD 6.50 per bowl.
MeiYen says:
That one is really really good! I usually take away av few packets and brought it all the way back to KL! The one in Singapore is different so not an apple to apple comparison. ;)
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010
fyong777 says:
Sounds n looks yummy but I am sure it can't beat the Goo Bak Koay Teow at the Chulia St/Beach St junction in Penang (right across from the fire station) where a bowl will only set u back RM8. :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2010