Fondation Maeght

623 Gardettes Way, Saint Paul de Vence, France
04 93 32 81 63

Fondation Maeght Saint Paul de Vence Reviews

Vikram Vikram
It's like a courtyard version of Tate Britain and Saatchi Gallery, except that you pay! Oct 27, 2014
This is by far the most talked about "must-see" of St. Paul de Vence, and to think it's not even in the proper village itself. A good uphill walk of about a mile brings you to the very roomy and green shady enclosure. Tickets are around 15 Euro I believe, and you pay extra if you want to take photos.

As my review title suggests, I felt like being in Tate Modern or Saatchi Gallery, except that part of it is outdoors and it's not free! Some displays and statues were interesting but I thought it was pricey for what was on show (especially when you've been to the free equivalents). It was nice to see art students sketching the statues, very lazy and relaxed. The day I went was quite crowded, I was surprised how this is a "family" attraction (with tons of kids) unlike their London and Paris counterparts.

I will recommend this as it's overall quiet, nice and spacious but you can die a happy person without seeing it!

There is a wealth of information on the Wikipedia page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fondation_Maeght.
WalterC says:
Art is indeed subjective!
Posted on: Dec 30, 2014
Travel2014 says:
Yeah, I think you saved a lot of people some money and time! :) We all owe you lunch and drinks!
Posted on: Dec 12, 2014
Andy99 says:
Well, now this is a provocative sculptural group!
Posted on: Dec 01, 2014

Compare La Colle-sur-Loup Hotel Rates (2.1km away)

Saint Paul de Vence Map