Fond Doux Holiday Plantation

(758) 459-7545

Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Soufriere Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Took a little tour and had lunch as part of our tour package Oct 12, 2011
As part of a tour package I had signed up for, we stopped at the Fond Doux Holiday Plantation. We recieved a "tour" about the working plantation, but it was really an quick overview and we stood in the same spot for the 6-minute presentation. I wish I had had the opportunity to walk around more; the grounds were lovely and it was interesting to see the cocoa pods drying in the sun in the large drawers. There were flowers and plants and a small path to follow that I could see from where I was eating my lunch.

They had served a nice spread of lunch and I went back twice, but I skipped the dessert; a chocolate banana cake. As in many places, rum punch was served with lunch. It is a great place for natural photo opps and to wander for a brief moment, but we were on a time crunch. I hope you enjoy your time there. If you are staying at the hotel nearby, I'm not sure how much wandering you could do without getting bored.

I went to the souvenir shop with my friends; one of them wanted to buy a cocoa stick, but they were out. The souvenir shop, in general, was scarcely filled with interesting items and I'm not sure I saw lots of people picking up stuff.

The bus ride back down to the Port can be scenic, but the roads curve and there are portions where all you can are trees and greenery, so renting a car is not suggested unless you are familar with negotiating West Indian roads.
Yummy buffet of Caribbean rice, pi…
Yup, that's where we were.
bernard69 says:
next time tour the Balembouche Estate near Choiseul(entry fee 10 EC)where u'll be welcome by the charming instructive Uta
www.balembouche.com