Fogo De Chao Churrascaria

www.fogodechao.com - (210) 227-1700

Fogo De Chao Churrascaria San Antonio Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Brazilian Steak House in San Antonio Dec 06, 2012
On a recent trip through San Antonio, my wife and I noticed that they had a Fogo de Chao across the street from our hotel. Neither of us had ever been to one and both of us had been dying to try it. Knowing that Fogos are expensive, we decided to leave it for our last night's dinner. The restaurant had the same typical appearance from the outside that they usually have at other locations throughout the U.S. When we went in, the appearance was not as formal as I expected, but having been to other Brazilian steakhouses, I presume that it was appropriate - it was also jam packed by the way. Unfortunately, our first impression was not positive when the hostess told us that we would be required to wait at least 20 minutes despite the fact that we had a reservation at that very time. A little persuasion to the manager from my wife and we were seated right away. If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse before, the premise is that you start with a salad bar, and when you are ready, several waiters rotate throughout the restaurant all with different cuts of different types of meats and they stop by your table to serve you as you chose. As you could imagine, you can very full this way, therefore it is highly recommended that you go hungry but resist the urge to hit the salad bar hard. Perhaps a very small vegetable salad is OK but avoid any of the starches. Also, they will try and sell you a la carte side dishes. I would recommend no more than 1 per person if you are a party of 2 and then maybe only one addition side for every additional 2 people. Remember, the center piece of your meal here is the meat. Not for the light hearted and certainly not for the vegetarians in the group or those watching their cholesterol. All in all, the service started out slow but progressively got better as the night progressed, and my wife and I left full and happy. I would be anxious to go to another Fogo in another city, and ultimately, I would go back to the one in SA.
Meats on a rotiserie as seen from …

Check San Antonio Hotel Deals