Fogera Hotel

Check Gondar Hotel Deals

Fogera Hotel Gondar Reviews

DAO DAO
The Best Hotel in Gonder Feb 25, 2017
This is my favourite Hotel in Ethiopia. When I arrived at the entrance I was greeted by fantastic bunches of flowers overgrowing the front gate, the gate man saluting my arrival (pictured) and a warm welcome into the large garden that is effectively their lobby. They took me to my room and explained that the table outside my nice cottage was also my table for dinner. Right in the middle of a garden overlooking flowers, birds and a small lake. Get in there! My bed was comfy, food excellent, the friendly waiter brought me dinner from the kitchen just opposite my door and I enjoyed the sunset from my chair outside my room on my own porch.

Please note: I stayed here a few years ago. Many visitors report that the hotel has let the place slip a bit. If so, haggle the price down.

Unique Qualities:

Everything is special about the Fogera. It only has 11 rooms so book in advance by telephone! The staff are great, the kitchen ladies are friendly and produce great food at low prices and you get a picturesque room at a very affordable price. Even if you do not stay here, you can eat in the centre of the Garden. You must visit as well in the daylight to see the beautiful grounds.

Plus points:

•Bar with satellite TV

Good large bathrooms with good clothes storage space

Excellent security in a tranquil and quiet setting

Excellent food and drink brought to your door/table at no extra cost

Comfortable beds

A great experience. I visited during the Low Season. Telephone and book ahead!

Directions: A 10 minute walk along the road to the North East of the Royal Enclosure. Do not get a taxi between the 2. No need.

Fogera Hotel Overview

Gondar Airport (GDQ) is within a 30 minute drive from the Fogera Hotel. Gondar College of Medical Sciences is 5 minutes away by car. Fasil Ghebbi is within a 20-minute walk away. Gondar town centre is within a 10 minute drive.

Check Gondar Hotel Deals