Fog Harbor Fish House

fogharbor.com - (415) 421-2442

Fog Harbor Fish House San Francisco Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Best Restaurant on Pier 39 Dec 21, 2016
I love the Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco. There are tons of places to eat - many of them good. Pier 39 is a large complex that juts off of Fisherman's Wharf. It has restaurants and shops on a 2 story facility that hangs out over San Francisco Bay. One could wander around for hours exploring in and out of all of the tourist trap stores and reading menus to prepare for the next meal. Allow me to save you some time. We found the best restaurant on Pier 39 to be the Fog Harbor Fish House. Located up front on the left side, upstairs, Fog House had a great menu with tremendous views of the Bay. When I sat down and before the sun set, I had an excellent view of Alcatraz right from my seat. I found the service excellent, the menu diverse and the quality of the food superb. This place was mobbed and I'm not sure if they take reservations for small parties, so it may behoove you to put your name down on a list about an hour before you plan to eat.
Fog Harbor Fish House, Pier 39, Fi…
Fog Harbor Fish House, Pier 39, Fi…
robzvoice robzvoice
Fog Harbor Fish House Apr 27, 2013
History: http://fogharbor.com/about-us/our-story/

Location: The restaurant is situated in the Pier 39 concourse of San Francisco.

Food: I ordered some fried calamari for my appetizer. It was so delicious particularly dipped in the sauce that was provided. For the main meal, I ordered what was called Ahi Tuna. Seared “Rare” with a sesame seed crust, ginger soy glaze, wasabi aioli and stir fried vegetables. I had a side of rice to go along with that. OMG the presentation and the taste of this meal is to die for! Loved it!

Service: Jeremy was my waiter and did a great job serving me from beginning to end. He and the rest of the staff looked very professional in appearance while provide great, personable customer service.

Additionally, Pier 39 has convenient visitor parking in the PIER 39 Garage. Restaurant patrons receive one hour free validated parking at lunch and two hours free validated parking after 6 pm for dinner. I would definitely take advantage of this.

Atmosphere: From the outdoor lounge area, the bar, and the dining area, this place is clean, neat, fancy, and packed with hungry patrons. Great view of the bay with its bigger than life windows!

Overall: A little pricey but average for the price you pay at almost any San Francisco restaurant I guess. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in the San Francisco area!

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals