Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica)

Figari Airport, France
Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) - Inside the plane
Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) - The seat that could not move
Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) - Wating time is getting too long
Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) - The plane we all wanted to enter

Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) Figari Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Flying with Ryan air from Figari (Corsica) Jul 18, 2009
I know some people like them and they are quite dedicated to them as well but I fell that you can go to low in order to save on your airfare. It was my first with Ryan and I had booked my trip from Charleroi a bit too late so I had actually paid around 120 € for my round trip at Figari in the south of Corsica. I mean 120 € was still a complete bargain compared to other carriers.

Ryan Air has just opened their new booking system and we all had to check-in from home. I had bought priority tickets which was 6 € more for each way in order to be amongst the first to enter the plane. From Charleroi the check-in when well and I managed to get an okay seat; a bit tight but I was seated. The whole plastic fantastic interior I found appalling; even a public bus would be much better.

In Figari I guess I under calculated it a little bit. I had imagined that the check-in would be efficient when Ryan air wants you have to checked-in via the internet prior to the arrival in the airport. Here I guessed wrong; the Check-in was one huge line when I arrived more than one hour before takeoff.

The Check-in line was hardly moving and I had been there for more than half an hour. The line was a joint line even though I bought priority ticket, but that can be okay if the line was moving.

When the plane was supposed to leave there was still more than 50 people in line. Suddenly a guy came along to ask if anybody had priority tickets and I luckily had. I was taken out of line and moved to the counter and in front of everybody, at that moment 6€ seemed like a good investment. At this point I felt bad for the others that I passed but 6 euro was the difference.

They held the plan waited for all passengers to join, which was fair and the only thing that they could do in all fairness. I also had to comment that a lot of passengers exceeded their maximum luggage weight and had to pay an additional toll, but the process here was not working at all.

I was happy when I landed in Charleroi.
Wating time is getting too long
The plane we all wanted to enter
Inside the plane
The seat that could not move
Chokk says:
Haha - naturally - I would love to drive the island
JP-NED says:
You lucky guy!
€.6,00 and it brings you also a featured review!!
CONGRATS!! next time you will go by car!!(LOL)
Transitory says:
Thanks for this, it's good to know for anyone considering Ryan air.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2009

Compare Bonifacio Hotel Rates (13.5km away)

Figari Airport Map