Flying with Ryan Air Reviews
Low cost airline without luxury Jul 02, 2008
I have flown with Ryan Air from Eindhoven in The Netherlands to Dublin, Ireland several times now. Here are a few things that are good to know:
* When you book online you can only do this using your credit card, for which there is a surcharge.
* If you want to check in baggage there is also a surcharge for this, and this will be lower when you check it while making your booking.
* If you check in online you will get priority boarding.
EDIT: This is not the case anymore it turned out just before my flight to Dublin on July 2nd 2008. They also have a surcharge for this now.
* The seats are quite cramped, even for someone like me who is only 1.61m (5'4")
* All drinks on board will be charged for but you can bring your own
* They will try to sell you heaps of stuff, including scratch tickets!
* There is not a lot of time to board the flight and this is not always easy when travelling with kids or when you have a lot of carry on luggage.
* If you are late they will NOT wait!
* Sometimes staff on board are difficult to understand
* My flights have never left on time!
During my flight to Dublin on July 2nd 2008 I also found the staff on board very helpful and friendly.
Check luggage weight before leaving as you are only allowed 10kg's handluggage. You are however allowed a laptop bag and purse as well.
If you are trying to save on cost this airline is definately worth trying but if you like your creature comforts I would not recommend Ryan Air.
Part of the Ireland, July 2008 travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!