Flying with Ryan Air

Europe

Flying with Ryan Air Reviews

pms70 pms70
Low cost airline without luxury Jul 02, 2008
I have flown with Ryan Air from Eindhoven in The Netherlands to Dublin, Ireland several times now. Here are a few things that are good to know:

* When you book online you can only do this using your credit card, for which there is a surcharge.

* If you want to check in baggage there is also a surcharge for this, and this will be lower when you check it while making your booking.

* If you check in online you will get priority boarding.

EDIT: This is not the case anymore it turned out just before my flight to Dublin on July 2nd 2008. They also have a surcharge for this now.

* The seats are quite cramped, even for someone like me who is only 1.61m (5'4")

* All drinks on board will be charged for but you can bring your own

* They will try to sell you heaps of stuff, including scratch tickets!

* There is not a lot of time to board the flight and this is not always easy when travelling with kids or when you have a lot of carry on luggage.

* If you are late they will NOT wait!

* Sometimes staff on board are difficult to understand

* My flights have never left on time!

EDIT:

During my flight to Dublin on July 2nd 2008 I also found the staff on board very helpful and friendly.

Check luggage weight before leaving as you are only allowed 10kg's handluggage. You are however allowed a laptop bag and purse as well.

If you are trying to save on cost this airline is definately worth trying but if you like your creature comforts I would not recommend Ryan Air.
mfmoorede says:
It sounds as though you have some of the travel luck I have sometimes (issues with bags, narrow aisles, having to use the toilet at the most inconvenient times, etc.). It makes you wonder sometimes why we love to travel so much. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Thanks for the advice on RyanAir. It's been awhile since we've flown them and it sounds as though things have really changed.
Posted on: Jul 04, 2008
kingsheart says:
Good summary…I would just add check your baggage weight before you go too and they are also friendly!
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008