Flying with Firefly

Flying with Firefly - Airline ticket

Flying with Firefly Kuala Lumpur Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Good budget airline company Jun 12, 2011
For my first 2 trips to Malaysia in june (2011) and september (2011), I used Firefly for the domestic flights between Kuala Lumpur & Kota Kinabalu and back. I had booked my international return ticket with Malaysian Airlines.

But, as above mentioned, the domestic flights were handed out to Firefly who are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malaysian Airline System Berhad. On my 3rd trip to Kota Kinabalu of january (2012), I flew the domestic flight with Malaysia Airlines as well. Firefly isn't used for that anymore.

I don't know the price of the domestic flight ticket, as this airline company was "hired" at the time by MAS. The service on the plane was good and the crew were very friendly. They did offered food & drinks, but you had to pay extra for them.

On board the planes I flew with, were no tv screens and no entertainment service. The music echoes throughout the plane during the flight, but I listen to my own music, so I can't inform what's being played over the speakers.

The seating is comfortable, but the legroom for tall people is scarce. Luckily the flight was only 2 to 2,5 hours, but I would recommend to get emergency exit seats - ask when you check in. I was lucky one time.

Because I had to fly with them on my way back home to Holland on my first time to Malaysia (june, 2011), I had to collect my suitcase first and then check into the flight with MAS to Amsterdam.

And I had "the luck" that my suitcase seemed to be lost on that time. Annoyed and a bit stessing because I had to catch my flight with MAS, it finally arrived from the conveyor belt. The other 2 times (september, 2011) went without a problem.

Overall, flying with Firefly was a good experience.
Firefly plane
Web address of Firefly
Emergency exit safety procedures
Cabin crew demonstratin the safety…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals