Flying with Air Asia

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Flying with Air Asia Kuala Lumpur Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
budget carrier Jul 24, 2012
I booked our flight to Siem Reap via Kuala Lumpur through Air Asia. Besides, low budget as primary reason for booking with this airline; flights to Kuala Lumpur from Clark International Airport is accessible. My husband is originally from Angeles City. Clark International Airport is only a few miles drive from his parent’s house, so that made it convenient for us instead of traveling, and beating the traffic to Manila just to catch a flight to KL.

The carrier that flew us to Kuala Lumpur is Airbus 320. Surprisingly, it was spacious and there was enough leg room for each seat. Our flight then was not full. My husband and I had all three seats to ourselves.

The three flight stewardess although, not mean, were not very friendly either. I also had a communication gap with one of the inflight staff, but not so much of a big deal. She had a heavy Malaysian accent and I have a sticky Filipino accent, so at first we could not understand each other! By the way, it was my first time to see stewardess wearing jeans! I don’t know what to think…is it professionally presentable?

Yes, airfares are super cheap! Food however seemed like the price of a gold bar! We were starving so, with our eyes closed, we purchased some sandwiches anyways. Don’t expect too much though, because meals can be worst.

Will I fly with Malaysian Airlines again? I don’t see why not?! ~
cotton_foam says:
Hi, Jen!
I retrospect, I am still wondering why we didn't spend a night in the city...I mean we did, but did not stay in a hotel. If we did, we could have explored more places than just the PETRONAS Tower and Bukit Bintang. And, I did meet up with a TravBuddy -- Hayley, but only for few hours. We did have the most amazing time though. Yeah, if I knew I could have contacted you too, and have a mini-meet up! Well, maybe another time, okay?!
Hey Jen, thank you for checking out on this review. Appreciate it. ~ May
Posted on: Feb 25, 2015
trippin_jen says:
May! You could have stayed at least overnight in KL for a quick meetup! :(
Yeah they wear Jeans but only on Sundays, I believe. and It's not normal jeans, it's part of their uniform with their logo on. I guess they're trying to be 'casually budget'. Comfortable attire for them I'd say. I personally like their usual uniform, red for women and black for men.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2015
nolan says:
AirAsia is known to hire good looking flight attendants - most of the ladies are more beautiful than 99% of the country's population they are from. Could be some form of discrimination, but hey, I'm not complaining.

But going to the issues on how they do their job, I think they manage fine - have flown with them quite a number of times and as long as one is not demanding, expect a pleasant flight. It's usually the passengers that make flying with low cost carriers like AirAsia a bad experience - many lack good manners and breeding.
Posted on: Feb 22, 2015
applewoman applewom…
What a low cost company!!!! So great!!! Jul 06, 2012
We flew during our month in South East Asia about ten times with AirAsia.

Bagage dropp and check-in went very smooth. The one luggage policy isn’t that strict, but don’t exagurate of course!

Every flight departed on time, sometimes we arrived early but never late!

The bagage pick-up also went very smooth. It never took more then half an hour from the time we got out of the plane until we got in a taxi.

The seats are very comfortable and clean. The crew friendly.

My bag got damaged on the last AirAsia flight and they were very friendly. It took about 15 min. to fill in a form. With this form I can go to the AirAsia Insurance website. I needed the invoice of my bag to verify the cost of my bag… I didn’t have it anymore so I wasn’t able to get a refund though.

But even then don’t hesitate and fly with them!!!
Airportman Airportm…
Very good & budget asian airline Jun 03, 2011
Karena had bought 2 one-way tickets for us, taking us from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu with AirAsia. The price was 436 MYR/RM (around 102 euro or around 146 US dollars) for the tickets.

I was a bit worried that the seating would be too small for me, mostly length wise. At 193 cm (6'4"), I feared not much leg room, but to my surprise it was okay. Okay, my knees were against the back of the seat in front of me, but it was no problem for the 2 hours flight. I've had the same leg room with a KLM (dutch airline) flight and that was much more expensive!

The seating was comfortable with (artifical?) leather seats and the staff was very friendly. Because it's a budget airline, they had to do the safety instructions by hand.

One thing that I noticed before take-off and after landing, was a "smoke" coming through the airconditioning vents. I had no clue as to why, only to kill any insects or bugs coming on board.

During the flight, we could buy drinks, snacks and food for reasonable prices. A bit more expensive then you would have to pay for in a store or supermarket, but certainly not expensive.

I would certianly book again with this airline company, should I consider a flight in Malaysia or going from Malaysia to a nearby destination.
AirAsia plane
The cabin
The "smoke"
Safety instructions demonstrated b…
Chokk says:
I have a couple of times - and you are right Nathan
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011
Airportman says:
Thanks, Nathan. Never saw this on a flight before
Posted on: Jul 24, 2011
nimic nimic
Air Asia X Aug 03, 2011
Yeah, you can complain all you want about Air Asia, but it has been voted the best low-cost airline for 3 consecutive years.

I had a privilege to travel with Air Asia X for the first time in my life, and If you can afford to travel with style, then of course try to avoid the budget airlines. The seats can get really uncomfortable. Well, what do you expect? I got my seats for only MYR300 to Melbourne (excluding taxes ofc)

Those who tried the hot seats though didn't had any problem. The Premium class ofc is the best , but its definitely not for those on budgets.

One thing i like about Air Asia are the Pak Nasser Nasi Lemak. it's really good. The stewardess on their planes are very experienced too, and well-mannered.

I did had a bad encounter with Air Asia though, on my way back to KL from Melbourne as the flight was delayed for 8 hours due to a Medical emergency, but it's nobody's fault. and Air Asia did sent out notifications to the customers before hand.

Those waiting in the airport were offered a 15AUD voucher for meals.

Will I fly Air Asia X again?

Yeah Of Course! :-)
sshaunaa sshaunaa
Flying with Air Asia Jan 27, 2010
We flew from Perth to Kuala Lumpur and then from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, both with Air Asia. We had booked in October and we both booked the flights for just about A$250 each. I've flown with them several times and have never had a problem. Dave is 6'1" (and I quote "an average build") and found the seats too narrow and there to be JUST enough leg room.

Being a budget airline, the company charges you for baggage in 5 kg increments (15, 20, 25, 30kgs) so you end up paying only for what you use. If your baggage is heavier that the baggage allowance you paid for, you get dinged by pretty pricey baggage fees, so book your luggage allowance carefully! Also, that allowance is cumulative, so you could have 4 pieces of luggage, the total weight has to be within your limit.

There is also no free food or beverages (including water) so book that beforehand (it's cheaper that way) or sneak on your own. The itinerary states that no outside food is allowed, but I've never had any problems.

We gave ourselves three hours between our scheduled arrival into KL and our scheduled departure. Both flights ended being on time, with the flight into Bangkok actually 10 minutes early. The extra time ended up being unnecessary but helped with piece of mind.

I will continue to fly with Air Asia because they tend to have the cheapest fares and I find the service to be quite friendly.
sylviandavid says:
Asia isn't quite equipted to deal with guys over 6'0 we have found.... :) sylvia
Posted on: Jan 29, 2010
chantelleindia chantell…
Move over Matheran, Mahabaleshwar, Travel to Malaysia in just Rs. 3467! Jul 14, 2010
Yes you heard right. You can now head for your next weekend getaway to Malaysia at extremely economical rates. You will be glad to know that now you would not have to invest or plan a travel to Malaysia. All you need is to just shell out a couple of thousands for your stay. With Air Asia India at its best service you are assured of a pleasant journey at just Rs. 3467.

Now gone are the days when i'd ideally think of a Matheran or Mahabaleshwar to unwind on a weekend. Malaysia is truly the new M on the block with its extremely attractive rates. Unwind on the sandy white beaches, and escape into the sea and enjoy scuba diving in Malaysia. What a perfect way to let your hair down on a weekend! Still reading this article? What are you waiting for? Pack your bags and grab your tickets as soon as possible before August 21 to enjoy a weekend at your rate.I just did and know that you will too. :)

Related Travel Blogs About Flying with Air Asia

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…flying banana palms as the taxi driver attempted a new land speed record.   The resort was not far from the port, well technically nothing is far on this island…
Transfer Day
It's time for us to say goodbye to lovely Yangshuo. We go back to Guilin in order to catch the flight that brings us back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We fly with AK 103 Air Asia, depart at 11.10…Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We fly with AK 103 Air Asia, depart at 11.10 and arrive at 03.20 pm in Kuala
Travel on the cheap
I will admit I am a tight ass when it comes to flying. I want the cheapest flight possible to my destination without flying a decrepit airline. The world today is full of budget …Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Bangkok, Thailand. I flew with AIR ASIA and it cost me $20 AUD. I had always wanted to visit Borneo and AIR ASIA flies

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals