Flying to Boracay, Phillipines

Boracay, Philippines

Flying to Boracay, Phillipines Reviews

rx2017 rx2017
Tips on getting to Boracay, Phillipines Oct 20, 2012
So how does one get to Boracay, Phillipines? There are 2 airports, Kalibo and Caticlan.

Caticlan:

The good - It is the closest to the resorts, only about 30 min away. You will need to take a trike, then a boat then another trike. Will cost you about 200peso (~$5 USD) to get to your hotel.

Now the Bad about caticlan - You are only allowed to carry on to the airplane 5kg of luggage per person, that's not a lot. Any additional will cost you around 400p per 5kg.

Flights from Caticlan will cost double the price of kalibo.

The most important thing about Caticlan, if the weather is bad they will close the airport in a heartbeat and you will need to wait or go up to Kalibo which doesn't close so easily. If you need to do this you will need to purchase another ticket!!!!!

Kalibo:

The good - Much larger airport (still not that big) but it will not close so easily due to bad weather.

- It is cheaper to fly into kalibo, it cost me around $120 USD round trip to fly from Manila to Boracay.

- Kalibo allows you to carry on 10kg instead of 5kg, anything more than 10kg will cost you 400p per 10kg.

The bad - Its further away, around 2 hr travel from the resorts. You will need to take a van to the boats, then a short boat ride, then a trike to your hotel. This will cost around 300-350p each way.

For the most important tip, DO NOT and I mean DO NOT try to wing it and not book your round trip all at once. I booked a one way because I was winging my whole trip, this was the biggest mistake I could make. I have an international credit card so I thought I would of been ok. Well Air Phil which is the major carrier there does not accept Visa. I could only book on orbitz but you can only fly from Kalibo on orbitz.

I almost got stuck there and missed my flight because of the mix up. Air Phil will tell you that you are fine, then send you an email 2 hours later saying they canceled your trip because they could not find your credit card carrier.

Check Boracay Hotel Deals