Flying Tiger Airways

Kuching, Malaysia

Flying Tiger Airways Kuching Reviews

alexchan alexchan
A less than perfect Singaporean operation Jun 08, 2011
I've just done two flights on Tiger Airways in the last two weeks and had just started to like them ... reasonable price and good on-time performance (but I'm a little doubtful about how they calculate their "taxes", ahem).

Today I changed my mind.

I was looking forward to being with family in Kuching. My flight on Tiger Airways had an ETD of 14:45 and the queue of people at the Budget Terminal had built up ... with no plane in sight. At the scheduled departure time, it was announced the departure had been delayed until 16:00.

No further verbal updates were given and the departure screens weren't updated. People were kept waiting in the cramped departure areas ... sitting on chairs, lying on floors, babies crying. We eventually took off 2 hours later than scheduled.

While poorly communicated and poorly managed delays may be common place in some neighbouring countries, I was surprised to see such sloppiness in action in this country that prides itself in perfection and meritocracy. It's no biggie for me, but I'm just surprised!

Once on board, the captain offered a very nice apology explaining that the flight was late because the aircraft's first flight earlier in the morning (to Krabi) had suffered a delay. Complicating this was the fact that the original crew had run out of duty hours.

Having worked at an airline, this is actually makes things worse! It means they knew about the delay for several hours already!

Airline staff (full service airlines included) forget that customers have needs. Eg. they need to ring their friends/relatives at the other end who may have taken time off work to collect them from the airport ... they may not be able to wait 2 hours standing outside the arrival hall.
mariebloom says:
tiger airways.. would like to fly with a feline airplane
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011